Microsoft Windows Server Network TechnicianLocation:
Employment: Hourly- W2 - Full Time
Compensation: Starts at $18-22/hr. Will go up with experience and specific certifications.
Excellent opportunity for goal-oriented, independent, high-energy, knowledgeable IT Specialist with outstanding customer service skills.
We are looking for a top-notch network technician to join an established, nimble, fast moving team. Renowned for its superior technical skill and unrelenting dedication to its customers, this stable and long-standing company offers a secure position.
This position offers the chance to be an integral part of the strategic growth of the company and is ideal for candidates seeking to be part of a small and responsive team in a work-hard, play-hard atmosphere.
Daily activities require an individual to be capable of handling both routine and complex troubleshooting activities: working in office, utilizing remote diagnostics, or jumping in the car to head to a client's site. This is a critical, front-line position that requires interaction with customers, and rotational on-call hours.
Key Responsibilities include:
Upgrading, migrating, and installing Windows Servers
Desktop support- Microsoft Windows
Malware/Virus troubleshooting and resolution
Running routine back-ups for network servers and desktops
Installing and administering IPSEC and SSL based VPN networks combined with thorough knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LANS, WANS and Routers
Configuring, deploying, migrating and troubleshooting Windows Server, client PC, networking, printing, and related hardware and/or software issues
• Preferably a two- or four-year degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
• CompTIA A+ Certification or a Microsoft certificate plus experience in lieu of degree
• Minimum of two years' hands-on experience in a business environment
• Prior experience directly supporting customers on-site or remotely
• Must be in good standing with DMV and have valid driver's license
• Ability to commute to customers in own vehicle (mileage reimbursement/fuel allowance)
• Ideally the candidate will also have hands-on experience with hosted services such as Exchange and Office 365
• Experience with Autotask or another PSA very desirable
• Experience with remote monitoring and management services
• Good communication skills - with people and with writing service notes
Technology certifications are a PLUS, Microsoft or other.
• Physical Demands
• Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time
• Must have the ability to stand, sit, squat, bend, kneel, twist, crawl, reach, lift, balance, push and pull as required for an IT position.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs/ frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 100 lbs with assistance.
• Must be able to drive to client locations.
For the right candidate, there is tremendous opportunity to grow in this company. We are in a growth mode. That means it's a fast-paced environment and opportunities will grow as the company does.
To apply for this position, send the following in response to this ad:
- 1-2 paragraph description of why you are passionate about technical consulting
We place a strong emphasis on Top Quality, Experience, and Customer Service.
We are looking for a long-term employee who will grow with the company as we evolve into offering some new and very cool technologies. If you want to work on known technology and just collect a paycheck, you won't fit in here.
This position is in Lexington KY. Please only apply if you are in the Lexington KY area or plan to move to the area.
We are looking for someone who is willing to learn *our* way of providing top-quality customer support. You will learn great trouble-shooting skills and be exposed to a wide variety of network setup and internet operations.
A comprehensive compensation plan including:
Best PC Service