Who We Are:
ADESA is a leader in the wholesale auto auction industry. Last year, we facilitated the sale of 3.2 million used vehicles.
ADESA serves customers both online and at our 75 used car auto auctions across North America. We are market makerswe provide the services that create the used vehicle marketplace. We are match makerswe bring the right buyers and sellers together.
What We Offer:
ADESA offers an environment where you can grow and advance, with opportunities across a wide range of business units and locations. We work in a service industry and embrace a "we" versus "I" culturehelp others, and they will help you. Our industry is fun, fast-paced and competitiveand filled with the best people who are passionate about what they do.
Reporting to the General Manager or designated manager, operate the Fleet Lease Department and captive finance centers in accordance with corporate guidelines to ensure achievement of maximum dollar sales volume in the most profitable way possible. Ensure that fast and friendly service is provided to the Fleet Lease customers in support of growth to the customer base.
Monitor all Fleet Lease and captive open sale factory accounts and work with other Managers to ensure compliance with sale plan layouts, corporate requirements and other directives. Manage Fleet Lease Account Admins. Advise and assist with corrective procedures, if needed.
Ensure the use of marketing tools on selected customer accounts as instructed. Process and monitor all related transactions, such as charges, various sales and auction fees, funds distribution and collection, checks and wire transfers, assistance with sources of financing, etc. Develop new business and retain existing customers to enhance volume of auction sales.
Develop and implement new sales programs and revise existing programs to enhance customer participation in accordance with corporate guidelines. Perform all duties assigned by the General Manager or designated manager.
Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times by persons under their jurisdiction.
Responsibilities and Duties: Fleet Lease Manager
1.Provide prompt and courteous service: both on the phone and in person.
A. Demonstrate friendliness and proper phone etiquette with every customer.
B. Maintain a professional appearance consistent with the Handbook.
2.Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention for all contacts and transactions.
3.Make sure all Department employees are thoroughly familiar with procedures for handling all aspects of customer service.
4.Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner. Advise the General Manager or designated manager of all serious complaints or incidences.
5.Establish and build personal relationships with customers. Actively pursues new business in consignment, fleet lease, factory and new car dealer vehicles.
6.Perform recruiting and hiring procedures for the Department per policy.
7.Develop and train all employees within the Department by company standards and guidelines. Monitor training conducted and ensure such training is according to company policy and procedures.
8.Make sure Department is properly staffed at all times; develop and post weekly work schedules for all Department employees. Control regular and overtime payroll within budgets.
9.Prepare and conduct performance appraisals for all employees per company policy. Maintain all wage and salary guidelines within the Department.
10. Maintain positive employee relations and morale whenever possible. Practice sound leadership and human relations principles to promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance. Resolve employee relations problems, complaints, suggestions, etc. Follow-through and communicate employee relations problems to the AGM, General Manager or designated manager. Evaluate and take positive, consistent, disciplinary action on infractions of company policies and procedures as defined in the employee disciplinary policy. Conduct progressive discipline as necessary.
11. Ensure proper follow-through on all directives, bulletins, schedules and accounting from AGM, General Manager, designated manager or other corporate sources. Conduct employee meetings at least once a month or as necessary to communicate Company and Department issues and build teamwork among the employees. Maintain a good flow of communication with AGM, General Manager and office personnel.
12. Attend a Profit and Loss Statement review each accounting period with the Controller and General Manager. Ensure accurate and timely reconciliation of Fleet and Lease accounting with weekly and monthly corporate reports. Initiate and follow up on discrepancies.
13. Monitor accounts receivable and report variances to the General Manager and Controller.
14. Manage all sales records, controllable expenses and cost items affecting profitability of the Fleet Lease function. Coordinate ordering of supplies and forms with the Office Manager.
15. Process and monitor all Fleet Lease transactions, such as charges, various sales and auction fees, funds distribution and collection, checks and wire transfers, assistance with sources of financing, etc.
16. Participate on Sale Day; act as a sales agent for absentee seller customers and authorize transactions across the block per customer's instructions.
17. Direct proper record keeping and follow-through on all sales promotions, advertising and telemarketing.
18. Recommend new customer services and procedures to the General Manager and AGM.
19. Monitor all Fleet Lease Accounts and work with other Managers to ensure compliance with sale plan layouts, corporate requirements and other directives. Advise and assist with corrective procedures, if needed.
Ensure the use of marketing tools on selected customer accounts as instructed.
20. Monitor and ensure compliance with all contractual customer, contractor, and supplier agreements.
21. Monitor all local competition and recommend competitive strategies to the General Manager and Marketing Department.
Benefits for Full-Time Employees commence on the first of the month following 30 days of employment. Benefits include:
3 Medical Plan Options, 2 Dental Plan Options and 2 Vision Plan Options
Health Savings Account Portable account used to pay for medical expenses and funded with Pre-tax Deductions and Annual Employer Contributions ($750 Individual Coverage/ $1500 for Family Coverage)
401K Plan with 100% Employer Match on first 4% Employee Contribution
The following Benefits are 100% Employer Paid: 2x Salary Life Insurance, 65% Salary Short Term Disability, 2/3x Salary Long Term Disability
Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Flexible Spending Account
Paid Holidays, 5 Paid Sick Days, 5 Personal Days, and 10 Days of Vacation (prorated based on hire date).
Voluntary Benefits (Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Identity Theft)
KAR is an EOE and a Drug Free Workplace
KAR Auction Services