This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Mentor Coordinator is the steward of the mentor network at Capital Factory. Our mentors are made up of some of the most successful Entrepreneurs, Venture Capitalists, Angel Investors, and Executives in Dallas. Youll be focusing on growing Capital Factory's mentor community in Dallas, and engaging our existing mentors through office hours, and weekly programming.
- You onboard new Mentors and help get them plugged into Capital Factory.
- You are the central switchboard, coordinating hundreds of Office Hours meetings each week between entrepreneurs, Mentors and guest VIPs.
- You make sure that each Mentor has a VIP experience when they arrive.
- You get to know each Mentor so that you can recommend relevant events for them to attend and companies for them to meet with.
- You help make sure Capital Factory events have high Mentor participation.
- You host regular programming including Epic Office Hours, roundtables, orientations and mentor summits.
- You assist Partnerships and Memberships with VIP visits.
Youll know youre successful if
- Mentors comment about what an incredible experience it is to be part of Capital Factory
- The Dallas mentor network grows and thrives.
- Office Hours runs like a well-oiled machine with no no-shows
- Onboarding of new mentors happens quickly
- Our CRM, spreadsheets and email lists are well maintained
- Capital Factory events are well attended by Mentors
- Everyone loves interacting with you
- One of the startups or Mentors hires you away from us
You will work closely with:
- Caroline Tosbath, Mentor Coordinator- Austin
- Abba Binns- Sr. Programs Manager
- Capital Factory Accelerator team
- You love startups. You think technology and entrepreneurship are interesting and exciting.
- You are passionate about working in the Dallas startup scene and helping companies get the most benefit from Capital Factory programming
- You are crazy organized, detail-oriented, and can track the specific requests/preferences of each of our Mentors
- You are a problem solver. You look for ways to make things work better and how to turn chaos into systems.
- You write things down. You document your process and maintain records so that if you got hit by a bus well be very sad but still able to continue operating.
- You are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. Youre ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, and the President of the United States.
- You are excited to work in central Dallas and have reliable transportation.
- You are excited to travel to Austin as needed.
- You have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- You are security aware. You have a passcode on your computer and phone and use a password manager.
- You are available in person during late business hours (10am-6pm) and occasionally on an evening or weekend event.
- You must be available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Startup Week (the week between Austin City Limits Music Fest).
- You get to Inbox Zero every day.
- You plan to stay in Dallas and fully committed to this position for 2 years.
- This is a full-time, associate level position (1-3 year experience)
- Personal health and dental insurance included
- 4 weeks of paid leave per year including the week between Christmas and New Year's (includes all personal and sick days)
- On-site fitness center
- Downtown garage parking