Mental Health Counselor
Bay Area Community Resources
San Rafael , CA 94901
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for both full-time and part-time (16 - 24 hours/week (flexible)) counselors. This is a school-based position with locations all across Marin (Fairfax to Novato).
*$500 Signing Bonus upon 4 months of successful continual employment in the position.
- Pay rate: $25-$30/hr (based on experience and license status)
- Approximately 9 weeks off paid per year (winter, spring and summer breaks and holidays)
- Employment Benefits: employee assistance program, dental, vision, wellness program, life insurance, flexible spending account, commuter benefits (based on total weekly hours)
- Master's in counseling or related field, or currently enrolled in a Master's program on the path to licensure
- Unlicensed applicants must be a registered Associate with BBS prior to the beginning of the school year.
- Experienced in working with children, adolescents, or high school-aged youth in a school setting.
- Ability to work well with both youth and families and school staff.
- Licensed MFT, Associates MFT, LPCC or APCC
- Bi-lingual (Spanish-English)
- Provide services to clients in an ethical, legal, and professional manner, including HIPAA, CAMFT, and NASW standards.
- Provide trauma-informed, strengths-based individual and group mental health services, including therapy, family consultation, case management, and prevention education.
- Provide crisis intervention and trauma response as needed.
- Consult with school administration, faculty, and staff on specific youth and families and on school mental health issues in general. Work with school staff, administrators, Community School Managers, and parents to coordinate services.
- Humility in cultural issues related to race, ethnicity, nationality, class, religion, and sexual orientation is required
Bay Area Community Resources (BACR) promotes the healthy development of individuals, families and communities through direct services, volunteerism, and partnerships in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We have deep respect for the communities we serve throughout the Greater San Francisco Bay Area, the dedicated staff who show up for those in need, and the opportunity we have been given through this work to promote resilience in tens of thousands of individuals every year.
BACR is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
See our other open positions here