Member Services Representative
Carnegie , PA 15106
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Are you looking for a dynamic position in a growing organization? Are you a people-person who thrives on cultivating new relationships over the phone and helping others? Do you want a fast-paced, team environment with room for growth? If so, VBA is looking for you.
As a full-time, Member Service Representative, you are a vital resource to our customers -- troubleshooting complex member questions, responding to member concerns and educating members on their benefit plan. For success in this position, you must have the ability to multi-task, be dependable, and possess top-notch communication skills. Additional opportunities are available as we expand our network, depending on your positive contributions and ability to adapt to change.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as the first point of contact for member issue escalation and resolutions
- Respond to member requests via phone, email, and fax
- Explain the members customized benefit plan, as authorized by each individual group
- Act as a liaison for member issues including benefit eligibility, claims questions, and customer satisfaction
- Provide education and orientation of our website to members
- Work with Manager of Member Services to ensure proper customer service is being delivered
- Performs other duties of a clerical nature as assigned or required
*The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of this position.
- WORK EXPERIENCE: at least one (1) year of full-time customer service experience; experience in a call center environment is preferred
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency in written and verbal English
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to remain calm and diffuse difficult situations
- Ability to influence and effectively communicate with diverse personalities
- Effective oral and written communication skills with internal and external clients
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and staff while maintaining a professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Considerable knowledge of MS Word and Excel
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Membership in OPEIU Local No. 457 is required
Starting pay rate is $15.00 - $16.00, depending on experience.
Full-time, permanent VBA employees receive a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal and Sick Days