Thank you for your interest in Bellco Credit Union! We are always looking for talented people to join our team.
We're a local not-for-profit organization that has been giving back to our members, the communities we serve, and of course, our employees since 1936. Offering one of the best employee benefits packages around, Bellco is a leader in fostering, developing, and engaging staff to become expert financial-service ambassadors. Whether it's helping members with specific needs or creating music videos that show the love, you're a part of something more at Bellcoa place you can be proud of.
Looking for a fast, easy and mobile-friendly application? Text BELLCO to 44844 for all frontline non-management Branch positions! If you have time now to complete the application in full, go ahead and click Apply Now below.
Member Experience Specialist wages begin at $17/hour! This is a full-time position eligible for benefits (medical insurance, competitive 401k match, tuition reimbursements and student loan assistance, etc.)
Visit Bellco's Careers & Benefits page for more information.
A Membership Service Specialist opens new accounts, analyzes credit bureau reports; interviews members in person or by telephone to identify financial needs and sales opportunities. Initiates computer-based new account applications; analyzes credit scores and makes routine business decisions; sells financial products and services to members; and answers member inquiries about Bellco products and financial services. When needed, processes a variety of financial transactions in both lobby and drive-up in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
Reports to: Member Sales and Service Supervisor
Contacts: Credit union members, other credit union departments, credit union officials and appropriate external financial service providers.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required
Experience: 1 year sales or customer service preferred; 6 months cash handling experience; a minimum of 6 months experience with Bellco or in financial services is preferred.
Demonstrated abilities related to Sales and achievement of Sales Goals. Proven ability and willingness to identify needs and sell appropriate products.
Ability to interact with others in a positive manner, both in person or by phone.
Ability to accurately and efficiently enter data and update member financial records via computer terminal.
Strong communication skills, both oral and written
Equipment: On-line computer terminal keyboard and visual monitor, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, telephone, printer, ATM, check signer, check- filmer, and security alarms
1.Demonstrate Bellco's WOW philosophy in all interactions with members, prospective members and personnel in other Bellco departments.
2.Communicate with members in a positive manner both in person and/or by phone.
3.Practice Bellco service standards in all interactions with members, prospective members and personnel in other Bellco departments.
4.Deepens member relationships by cross-selling products and services.
5.Contribute to corporate and branch goals and support current business priorities.
6.Understand and communicate key features and benefits of all Bellco products and services including the various types of loan and deposit products.
7.Demonstrate remote access financial service devices including BellcoOnline, TELLERphone, and automated teller machines.
8.Access member accounts to accurately perform the following non-lending service transactions, for example:
Maintain a cash drawer
Post deposit to accounts
Process cash advance transactions
Order member checks
Issue official checks
Process loan payments
Transfer funds between accounts
Assist with branch balancing, branch operations and ATM balancing
Process money orders
Process traveler's checks
Process miscellaneous negotiable items
9.Accurately enter and complete transactions in the CORE system and account opening system.
10. Open new accounts by following the approved new account opening procedure; identify financial product and service needs and refer members to appropriate Bellco personnel for advanced product and service needs (lending).
11. Analyze credit bureau reports to accurately identify member financial needs and sales opportunities.
12. Accurately perform profile and account maintenance updates per member requests
13. Complete and maintain notary certification.
14. Understand and effectively implements all appropriate regulations.
15. Serve as resource for the Bill Pay system and assist members with any inquires.
16. Assist members with requests to add/remove individuals as power of attorney
17. Complete beneficiary updates per member requests.
18. Proficiency in IRA transactions.
19. Access member accounts to accurately perform financial service transactions.
20. May also be called upon to accurately perform any branch duties.
21. Additions or modifications to these requirements may be made as needed to maintain service levels to members.
22. Regular and punctual in person attendance.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Ability to stand for long periods of time
May require changes in hours to meet business needs
"Bellco Credit Union is the one organization passionately committed to improving our members' quality of life by building their wealth and securing their financial future"
Bellco Credit Union