Pittsburgh , PA 15219
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Day shift for Meadville PA, Greenville PA and Farrell PA
2nd and 3rd shift -Pittsburgh PA
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for performing routine testing of biological specimens and reviewing test results. This position is also responsible for providing skilled technical support in the laboratory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Is responsible for bringing compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Performs high complexity testing (e.g., stem cell processing, CBC differentials, antigen screens, antibody ID, and cross match).
- Maintains accurate records and documentation.
- Assists in investigative studies, as directed.
- Participates in quality control, preventive maintenance, and validations.
- Performs routine testing in the lab for quality control of components, single donor platelet yields, automated red cell technology problems, etc., as requested.
- Provides technical support/liaison to hospital transfusion services.
- Resolves problems between departments that prevent production and distribution of blood components.
- Performs final record review.
- Assists with training.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment. Notifies appropriate personnel if additional service is needed.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological, medical technology or clinical laboratory science required.