Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Medical Technologist- Medical LAB Scientist, Hematology (Evening And Night Shifts)
Yale-New Haven Health
New Haven , CT 06501
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These valuesintegrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassionmust guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.Performs a variety of technical duties to ensure that the department operates in an efficient and accurate manner.EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran
- Performs laboratory testing in a responsible efficient and accurate manner to ensure the reporting of proper results in a timely fashion.
- 1.1 Follows established department procedures when performing testing 95% of the time as observed by supervisors. When appropriate applies age specific criteria in performance of duties. Exceeds: Frequently makes recommendations on how to enhance procedures.
- Performs quality control testing and maintains accurate and legible records so that test accuracy is assured and that all required records are accurate and up to date.
- 2.1 Performs and documents required quality control testing following established procedures as observed by supervisor. Exceeds: When appropriate recommends changes to enhance QC procedures and policies.
- Possesses an understanding of the technical and medical basis of testing to ensure the proper communication and performance of lab tests.
- 3.1 As requested, can explain the basic principles of laboratory tests they perform as observed by supervisors. Exceeds: Regularly uses their understanding of testing principles to troubleshoot problems in testing due to reagent failure or interfering substances.
- Demonstrates a professional attitude and approach to all area of work, attempts to work well with others, and demonstrates a commitment to personal career growth in Medical Technology.
- 4.1 Employee is ready to work at the start of assigned shifts. Exceeds: Frequently is able to accommodate unusual situations by coming in early of remaining late even when overtime is not involved.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology or equivalent with MT (ASCP) certification or equivalent or eligibility.
One (1) to two (2) years' experience in an accredited Clinical Laboratory preferred.
Working knowledge of equipment, instrumentation, and materials used in a Clinical Laboratory.
ASCP CERTIFIED OR ELIGIBLE TO BE CERTIFIED. MUST BE ABLE TO MULTITASK AND HAVE EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS.