Medical Social Worker (Msw) - Home Health & Hospice
Heritage Management Services
Albuquerque , NM 87110
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Recently nominated by our own employees, Corus Health is the proud recipient of Albuquerque's prestigious Top Workplace award for 2019! As a full-service hospice and home care agency providing a broad range of services to our customers, we are currently seeking a compassionate and experienced Hospice & Home Health Social Worker to help provide needed resources to primarily elderly home-bound patients and their families. We are a therapist owned and operated agency where our team members enjoy a flexible schedule and a supportive work environment filled with people who work together to provide the highest standard of care for our clientele.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Provide counseling services to the patient/family experiencing emotional, social/economic conflict.
- Assess patient/family social and emotional factors in order to estimate their capacity and potential to cope with everyday life.
- Assist patient, family and staff in utilizing community resources.
- Assess patient/family ability to meet financial obligations and offer appropriate resources and activate as indicated.
- Evaluate patients insurance coverage and options in this regard.
- Assist in discharge planning from home care service when care is no longer appropriate.
- As a member of the interdisciplinary team, assist team members in understanding the significant social and emotional factors related to care of the home care patient and the family.
- Able to identify potential suicide/homicide threat and utilize appropriate resources for follow-up.
- Able to identify potential abuse/neglect and utilize appropriate resources for follow-up.
- Able to identify potential drug/alcohol abuse and utilize appropriate resources for follow-up.
- Able to identify potential mental health problems and utilize appropriate resources for follow-up.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cultural differences.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the psychosocial assessment of patient/family needs.
Qualifications & Requirements are:
- Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited school of social work approved by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Licensed in New Mexico under the Social Work Practice Act.
- Clinical experience in varied multi- disciplinary settings.
- Minimum two years supervised experience in health or related field.
- New Mexico drivers license and availability of a car with insurance per state requirement.
Benefits & Allowances include:
- Positive, supportive work environment
- Direct patient care without time restrictions to build patient relationships
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent health benefits
- Employee Assistance Funding