Medical Social Worker II - Cancer Center
Yale-New Haven Health
New London , CT 06320
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides A Comprehensive Range Of Services Within A Multidisciplinary Setting To Adult Oncology Patients With Their Families: A Psychological Evaluation, Supportive Counseling, Financial Counseling, Discharge Planning, Information And Referral And Follow Up. Acts As A Liaison With The Community To Develop Resources For The Cancer Center And Its Patients.
- Provide Supportive Counseling And Assistance To In-And Ambulatory Cancer Patients And Their Families Before, During And After Treatment;
- Initiates And Facilitates Appropriate Support Groups, As Needed.
- Effectively Assists Patients And Families In A Broad Scope Of Coping Skills Including Survivorship And The Transition To Terminal Illness And Bereavement;
- Identifies Financial Need And Refers Appropriately.
- Attends Multidisciplinary Oncology Team Meetings;
- Collaborates With Hospice, Vna, Pastoral Care And Other Agencies To Provide Supportive Care And Bereavement Support To Dying Patients And Their Families;
- Conducts An Initial Psychosocial Assessment On All Newly Diagnosed Cancer Patients And Any Cancer Patient Referral.
- Responds To Crisis Situations In A Mature Manner.
- Ensures That Medical Records Are Secure And Kept Confidential At All Times.
- Participates In Educational And Philanthropic Activities As Requested;
- Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review;
- Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Msw From An Accredited School Of Social Work
3 (Three) Years Hospital And/Or Oncology Experience
Lcsw Preferred Or Eligible
Certification In Cpr Within 6 (Six) Months Of Employment; Excellent Communication And Interpersonal Skills; Ability To Work Independently, Exhibit Sound Judgment And Maintain A Case Load That Will Include Psychosocial Assessments On All New Patients, Both In And Outpatient And Ongoing Follow Up.