Medical Services Supervisor / Occupational Health Nurse
Reidsville , NC
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Exciting Direct Hire opportunity for a Medical Services Supervisor / Occupational Heath Nursein Reidsville, NC. In this position you will support a Manufacturing facility with all hearing checks, medical injury, follow-up, staff rotation for onsite employees. This is a great opportunity to join an encouraging and professional group with an opportunity to attain work life balance. The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of nursing experience and 3 years in occupational health in a manufacturing environment, leadership ability and nurturing character. MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE MANAGING FMLA. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE OFFERED.
Work Schedule: Monday Friday 8:00am 5:00pm (flexibility to work weekends or after hours as needed)
Salary: $65,000 - $70,000 + Annual BonusJob Summary:
- Develop and implement health and safety programs
- Provide emergency treatment in the workplace
- Administer over the counter medication to employees
- Create a clean and comfortable sickbay area
- Promote healthy eating and wellness programs
- Document all employee injuries and illnesses, keep information confidential
- Develop strategies to ensure maximum employee work input
- Communicate with Management team on a regular basis
- Attend seminar workshops on HIV/AIDS, Gender Sensitivity, Family Planning, and Stress Management
- Manages all aspects of workers compensation.
- Supervises medical clerks and nurses, as needed.
- Performs employee assessments on work related injuries, and all injuries/illnesses when appropriate, as directed by the medical protocols authorized by company physician.
- Updates medical protocols annually under the direction of company physician.
- Performs all post-offer screenings/physicals; coordinate any further testing with company physician.
- Directly impacts worker's compensation accrued charges and develops the budget with Risk Management Department.
- Oversees all aspects of workers compensation, including reporting all claims to workers compensation carrier, maintaining workers compensation files, tracking on-site injuries, providing case management, and communicating with medical facilities and carrier regarding treatment.
- Ensure modified duty is provided and followed.
- Assists, when necessary, in any litigation process.
- Manages worker's compensation budgets of approximately $500,000 to $1.2 million depending on size of locations and claims.
- Work closely with safety department on OSHA regulations and OSHA logs as well as hearing test and all safety protocols. Tracks restricted duty and out of workdays of current and previous claims.
- Responsible for assisting management in providing a safe and healthy work environment, free of all recognizable hazards.
- Acts as resource for all employees for topics such as wellness and other health care services for division.
- Provides general health care services for employees, various tracking efforts for personal physicians, following up with injuries, various medical screenings, and fit testing for respirator use.
- LPN, RN, Medical Assistant certification, EMT certification, CPR/AED certification
- Experience managing FMLA
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills preferred with working knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Knowledge of WorkPlace and Risk Console is a plus. Workmans Comp.
- Confidentiality, Team Player, Great Attitude, and excellent bedside manner are critical traits for this position.
Excellent benefits; paid holidays, vacation, medical/dental/vision with reasonable cost-sharing, 401k and annual bonus potential.