Phoenix , AZ 85008
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
HealthScribe is currently seeking a Medical Scribe candidate who would like to gain valuable experience working one-on-one with physicians.
This paid, part-time position is perfect for a student seeking a career in healthcare who would like to gain more experience and exposure in a clinical setting before starting professional school. Scribing is an incredible experience, teaching you an extensive base of medical knowledge and on-the-job exposure in a clinical setting. This position is ideal for students & alumni looking to get into medical, PA or nursing school or who plan to work in the medical field.
Don't have scribing experience? No problem. Qualified applicants undergo approximately 100 hours of training for the medical scribe role. HealthScribe is offering part-time positions in a clinic Monday-Friday 7am-5pm.
- Must have a high school diploma. College degree or current enrollment in a 4 year program highly recommended.
- Must demonstrate ability to clearly and concisely communicate, orally and in writing.
- Must demonstrate a high level of maturity and possess strong interpersonal & organizational skills.
- Minimum typing speed of 60 WPM.
- Computer literate.
- Commitment of 12 months.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 2-3, eight hour shifts per week equaling 16-24 hours. Shifts will be during clinic hours, Monday-Friday approximately 7am to 5pm.
- Paid training in medicine
- Ability to work one on one with physicians to gain an in depth view into the physician decision making process, patient care, and treatment process
- Exposure to a high volume of diverse patient encounters
- Gain an extensive base of medical knowledge, which will further facilitate comprehension and retention of information taught in post-baccalaureate professional programs
- Gain clinical hours towards professional program requirements
- Use clinical hours toward internship credit hours with participating universities
- Network with medical professions to obtain letters of recommendation for professional programs and professional references when trying to find footing in the work force