Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Medical Scribe - Full Time
Quincy , IL 62301
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Medical Scribe's primary responsibility is accurately documenting a provider-patient encounter in real-time. This includes the history of present illness, past medical/surgical/family and social histories, review of systems, physical exam, procedures, lab and imaging results, diagnoses, disposition and any other information pertinent to the encounter. Secondary to charting, the medical scribe serves as a clinical information manager, assisting the healthcare provider with workflow management and coordination of ancillary services.
Starting pay: $12/hour
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strongly Preferred:
- Proficiency in medical terminology, completion of medical terminology course or one year medical terminology experience
- Bachelors level education (completed or obtaining), ideally a pre-medical or other pre-health track, including health or medical related courses. For students currently enrolled in college courses, we will work around your course schedule
- Proficient computer skills, including the ability to learn various software programs for charting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including a proficient understanding of proper English spelling and grammar
- Ability to actively listen, observe and document events accurately and clearly
- Reliable transportation
Being a medical scribe provides invaluable experience and clinical shadowing hours for pre-medical students. Additionally, working alongside physicians, nurse practitioners and/or physician assistants garners the relationships needed to obtain letters of recommendation for professional programs.
- medical/dental/vision insurance
- life insurance
- retirement plan
- annual scholarship eligibility