Medical Science Liaison, Urology/Reproductive Medicine (Midwest)
Chicago Heights , IL 60411
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Serving as a field-based extension of Companys Medical Affairs, the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will support Company and their approach to revolutionizing reproductive health, using its novel platform of sperm-based technologies. The MSL will develop and maintain long-term, peer-to-peer relationships with critical stakeholders including Reproductive Endocrinology Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), Infertility Clinics, Urologists, OB/GYNs and other health care professionals (HCPs) specializing in Reproductive Health. The MSLs will be trained to respond to complex inquiries in a scientific, fair-balanced, compliant manner and serve as a critical field medical resource to these HCPs, managed markets constituents and internal customers in sales and marketing.
The MSL will build long term peer to peer relationships with thought leaders, payers and other stakeholders within the infertility community to deliver clinical, scientific, and technical education on the role of enabling unprecedented access, delivery and support around reproductive health. The MSL is responsible for cultivating and maintaining collaborative relationships with influential members of the medical community to promote company, disease state and therapeutic awareness, in addition to serving as an advanced technical, scientific, and medical expert in the specified therapeutic area of Reproductive Health for the assigned region. The MSL is responsible for developing, coordinating and assuring implementation of Company corporate, scientific, and clinical strategies with these thought leaders within academic, clinical, and healthcare organizations. These scientific exchanges will support and/or expand current therapeutic concepts, as well as ensure the safe and effective utilization of Companys product(s).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish Company as a leading specialty pharmaceutical company committed to the reproductive healthcare community. Company is pioneering a new approach to revolutionize reproductive health, using its novel platform of sperm-based technologies.
- Build, maintain, and strengthen professional relationships with local/regional/national KOLs and HCPs through appropriate scientific exchange and serve as a key clinical/scientific resource to these KOL specialists.
- Identify and develop advocates.
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the proper use of Companys product(s), their clinical indications, supporting scientific information, and all product data.
- Deliver clinical presentations (with managed markets counterparts as available) to payer audiences at national, regional and/or local managed care organizations, achieving optimal formulary status and utilization.
- Assist in sales training as requested by Director, Medical Affairs and serve as a clinical expert to support clinical consult requests from sales representatives.
- Doctoral degree in a relevant health sciences field (PhD) preferred, accompanied by minimum 1-2 years pharmaceutical industry experience or a Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE), Lab Tech or Embryologist, would be ideal
- Clinical or scientific experience in Reproductive Health and/or Genetics
- 1-2 years of relevant experience as a field based MSL, or similar type field medical position preferred
- Experience with payer presentations is viewed as a positive
- Knowledge of FDA requirements, including regulations governing compliant scientific exchange
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and work in cross functional network/matrix
- Demonstrated project management ability
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel, locally and regionally, up to 70% (approx. 10-12 overnights per month). May vary by regions.
- Valid drivers license