Medical Records Clerk
Life Scan Wellness Centers
Jacksonville , FL 32226
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are currently seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Medical Records Clerk who will be responsible for a variety of tasks such as:
- Scan all lab reports, x-rays, and correspondence from outside sources into an electronic medical record.
- Copy medical records as requested by patients, physicians, insurance companies, etc.
- Collect patient information, issue medical files, file medical records, and ensure medical records are maintained in a manner in compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
Life Scan Wellness Centers is a nationally recognized medical practice that provides prevention-based physicals, wellness exams, and fitness evaluations for firefighters and police officers.
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Knowledge of English grammar and spelling.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic to make simple calculations.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Skill in operating computer equipment and other office equipment.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- One-year experience in a medical office is preferred.
- General clerical experience is preferred with some exposure to medical terminology
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes: High School diploma, GED, or equivalent.