This is a full-time position (40 hours a week) working in a busy Urgent Care facility.
The days/hours are 3 days a week (9am- 7pm) and every other weekend (9am- 4pm)
The facility is located at 9580 W Colonial Dr, Ocoee, FL 34761
Communicate in a compassionate and empathetic manner with patients
Greet patients, assess their needs and check them in quickly
Enter information into the systems and create a medical chart for patient
Attend to patient and their needs every 30 minutes while in the clinic
Liaison with outside medical facilities and specialist for the medical teams requested needs to care for the patient, such as obtaining old medical records and reaching out to other physicians by telephone
Set up patient admissions to the hospital while also arranging medical transport
Completion of daily tasks and checklist in a timely manner
Answering telephone calls
Assist the team in the maintenance care of the clinic
4 years of customer service or receptionist experience
Knowledge of medical filing systems (preferred)
Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
Excellent verbal and written skills
High school diploma or equivalent (strongly preferred)
VIEW JOBS11/20/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-18T00:00Overview
An Outpatient Rehabilitation Clinic located in Orlando, FL is searching for an Experienced Front Office Medical Receptionist!
WE DO REQUIRE 1 SOLID YEAR OF PREVIOUS MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST EXPERIENCE!
This position is primarily responsible for coordinating all functions necessary for an efficient and productive flow of patients between check-in, treatment, and check-out. This position is a point-of-contact for all non-clinical patient service including managing the patient scheduling process; collecting, posting, and depositing patient payments; maintaining patient charts and electronic medical records; maintaining the front desk area; and providing outstanding customer service to our patients. Other duties may also be assigned.
* Greet patients and direct them accordingly
* Answer incoming telephone lines
* Electronic Scheduling/Book appointments
* Data Entry
* Verify current personal and financial information
* Verify insurance benefits/obtain authorizations as needed to process patient for services
* Check patients out/Charge tickets
* Collecting money over the counter
* Faxing and Filing and perform any other duties assigned
* Must have 1 year of previous knowledge in a medical office environment.
* Excellent telephone skills
* Must be proficient in Word and Excel.
* Previous experience with medical software preferred.
* Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT and ICD9 coding.
* Team player attitude, energetic, with a focus on excellent customer service.
* Be flexible with your hours.
* Attention to detail
* Time Management skills
* Be Organized, able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
* High school graduate or equivalent
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work may require sitting for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasionally lifting files and paper weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, operate a calculator, telephone, copier and other such office equipment. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for prolonged periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work environment can be fast paced, deadline oriented and is performed in an office environment. Involves contact with patients and public.
We offer a competitive total compensation package including hourly wage as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, disability, life and a 401(k) plan, in addition to other outstanding benefits such as Paid Time Off.
~A valid driver's license is required and, any employment offers are contingent upon a clear background check.
~We do look for stable past work history and previous work experience in the role.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
U.S. Physical TherapyOrlandoFL
VIEW JOBS11/16/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-14T00:00Job Description
More than 500 board-certified physicians,200+ Advanced Practice Providers, and 1,500 clinical and support staff in over40 specialties provide patients with a broad range of medical and surgicalservices. FHMG operates over 160 offices, providing compassionate,multidisciplinary care to more than one million patients a year. FHMG isaffiliated with Florida Hospital and is a subsidiary of Adventist HealthSystem, the largest not-for-profit Protestant health care system in the nation,supporting 43 hospitals in 10 states. In existence since 1994, FHMG (originallyknown as Florida Physicians Medical Group) has demonstrated consistent growthand stability in an ever-changing health care market.
The Medical Receptionist is responsiblefor greeting patients, scheduling appointments, verifying insurance, reviewingnew patient registration and entering patient information into the practice'sdesignated system. This individual is responsible for taking accurate messagesand routing correspondence efficiently. Serves as a liaison betweenpatients and medical support staff.
Able to stand, sit, walk, climb,turn, twist, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, lift at least 25 lbs., carry, finger,hold, talk, see with a good field of vision, and hear; Communicate on thetelephone and directly with patients; read paperwork, printouts and computerscreens; Requires manual dexterity sufficient to maintain files, operate akeyboard, calculator, telephone, copier and other small desk equipment andcomputer.
Knowledge of business officeprocedures. Knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation totype patient information. Skill in operating a computer, photocopy/faxmachine and scanner. Skill in greeting patients and answering the telephone ina professional, pleasant and helpful manner. Ability to speak clearly andconcisely. Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and writteninstruction. Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabeticor numeric systems. Ability to type 40 words per minute accurately. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships withpatients, employees, and others.
* High school graduate or equivalent is required.
* One year of diagnosis coding and medical billing experience preferred.
* Experience with computers and associated clinical software preferred.
* Must be willing to float to other FHMG practices, within reason, when patient load, vacation schedules etc. make it necessary.
* Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
* Must pass a Pre-Employment Drug Screening, Criminal History Check, and Professional Reference Check
What makes working at FloridaHospital Medical Group special? We recognize your investment in a healthcare career, and we are truly dedicated to your success. We promotepositive feedback as well as help you accomplish professional and personalgoals.
We hope you are interested todevelop your healthcare career in our dynamic faith based organization. Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ. Our employeesare welcomed to join our Spiritual Ambassador Program which highlights ourdedication to each other and our community.
A Spiritual Ambassador is onewho: Loves & Cares, Prays & Listens, Comforts & Supports andEncourages & Smiles.
While living our mission, SpiritualAmbassadors create a culture of caring within our practices through variousactivities. They minister to co-workers and patients, helping them experiencetrust, belonging and hope.
The size of Florida Hospital MedicalGroup offers you flexibility to explore different types of medical practicesand gain valuable experience. Florida Hospital Medical Group is closelylinked with Florida Hospital, Centra Care and is under the Adventist HealthCare system, which is the largest non-profit healthcare provider in thenation.
FHMG Recruitment Team is here tosupport your career search and goals. Together, we can explore the manyopportunities that fit your life. We offer excellent working conditionsthat help you maintain a positive attitude and work/life balance. Wevalue wellness of mind, body and spirit of all our employees.
Our competitive benefits cover:
Health and Wellness:
* Health, Dental, and Vision
* Life, Disability, and SupplementalInsurance
* Cancer and Specified Diseases Plan
* Paid Days Off
* Creation Health Employee Program
* Tobacco-Free Campus
* Wellness Screenings
FINANCIAL Tools and Plans:
* Educational Assistance
* Retirement Plan
* Direct Deposit
* Credit Union
* Adopt a Family
* Backpacks for Kids
* Mission Trips
* Blood Drives
* Employee Assistance Program
* Employee Discounts
* Various Onsite Services andAmenities
* Spiritual Ambassadors
* Service Awards
FLORIDA HOSPITAL MEDICAL GROUP ISCOMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED EMPLOYEESAND APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD FOR RACE, CREED, COLOR, SEX, AGE,NATIONAL ORIGIN, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, STATUS WITH REGARD TO PUBLICASSISTANCE, OR VETERAN STATUS, AND IN COMPLIANCE WITH FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCALLAWS, AND IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.
Job: Other Non-Clinical Professional
Organization: Florida Hospital Medical Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Orlando
Job Level: Entry Level
Education Level: High School Diploma / GED
Job Posting: Nov 15, 2018, 3:33:19 PM
Adventist Health SystemOrlandoFL
VIEW JOBS11/20/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-18T00:00Why Us?
With a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger, Inc. is the world's premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) services and products, offering the most advanced O&P solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed customer service. Hanger's Patient Care segment is the largest owner and operator of O&P patient care clinics nationwide. Through its Products & Services segment, Hanger distributes branded and private label O&P devices, products and components, and provides rehabilitative solutions to the broader market. Built on the legacy of James Edward Hanger, the first amputee of the American Civil War, Hanger is steeped in 150 years of clinical excellence and innovation with a vision to be the partner of choice for products and services that enhance human physical capability. Collectively, Hanger employees touch thousands of lives each day, helping people achieve new levels of mobility and freedom.
Hanger, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer - female/minority/disability/vet.
Could This Be For You?
The Medical Office Administrator provides the highest level of customer service to patients, fellow employees and referral sources through the coordination and administration of the front office activities. Typical responsibilities include all aspects of the clinic administrative operations from scheduling appointments, validating insurance and payment authorization, inputting claims, processing payments, performing account collections, conducting billing research and responding to telephone inquiries. Ensure billing for all services provided is accurate, timely and fully documented. Provide efficient cash collection through excellent reimbursement practices while ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations and established Company policies and compliance programs.
Depending on the operational requirements and size of the Hanger Clinic, this position may include some or all of the functions or roles listed below:
Patient Check In:
* Responsible for all aspects of patient appointment scheduling, insurance verification, creation of new patient charts and maintenance of patient records in accordance to Hanger compliance policies, scanning and filing patient documents, ensuring complete and accurate information, managing incoming phone calls, timely completion of all assigned tasks.
Patient Check Out:
* Provides administrative support for all aspects of closing a patient visit including obtaining insurance authorization, providing financial counseling for patients, posting over the counter (OTC) payments, timely completion of all assigned tasks, mail forwarding tasks and daily document research on an electronic health/medical record system, coordinating with clinical staff in managing in progress services, scheduling return appointments, reviewing and managing incoming documents and tasking to appropriate parties to outstanding requests for information.
* Reviews charge information to ensure accuracy per payer requirements; makes corrections as needed.
* Manages services in progress and updates to accounts receivable (AR) once items are delivered, maintaining AR levels over 120 days at or below target level.
* Responsible for reviewing claim edits and resolving them, working claim rejections and denials, performing voids and corrections as necessary.
* Responsible for submitting clean and accurate claims; accurate completion of patient chart required elements
* Timely completion of all assigned tasks.
* Generating reports to ensure that claims are processed within timely filing limits. Will also run claim edit metrics to determine the type of edit issues that are recurring to aid in future training.
* Manages the accounts receivable and collections process; timely completion of all assigned tasks.
* Assumes responsibility for maintaining company mandated collection standards.
* Prepares outstanding accounts reports and gathers credit and/or reference information.
* Manages both the internal bad debt process and the external collection agency's process for Private Pay accounts.
* Maintains database by entering, updating, and retrieving data, as well as formatting and generating reports.
* Resolves outstanding invoice problems from past due accounts. Responds to inquiries from customers or external collection resources.
* May place calls or send messages to those with unresolved issues.
* Assist with inventory as directed by Management and/or Inventory Coordinator as detailed below:
* Assist in reconciling items currently in use by clinicians to items in the inventory system
* Assist in counting inventory
* Assist in data entry of inventory counts
* High school diploma or GED required.
* 2 years of office administrative experience
* A valid driver's license and driving record within the standards outlined within Hanger's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy and Procedures.
Preferred Qualifications and Experiences:
* At least 1 year of experience with electronic health/medical record systems (preferably NextGen and/or OnBase).
* Working knowledge of HIPAA and other medical insurance regulations and terminology for private payer, state and federal plans including coding, billing and reimbursement protocols.
* Ability to type 40 correct words per minute.
* At least 2 years of computer and office equipment experience including MS Office products (Word, Excel), e-mail and automated billing systems, facsimile machines, calculator, postage machine, copiers, etc.
* Basic administrative accounting skills.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly be required to sit, walk and stand; occasionally bend or twist; regularly talk and hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms (to include reaching overhead); and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
NO PHONE CALLS/ WALK-INS: In an effort to maintain our highest level of customer service to our patients, no phone calls or walk-ins from prospective candidates, recruiters, staffing agencies or contractors will be accepted by the local Hanger Clinic. Please respect our policy. Any necessary inquiries should contact our corporate Talent Acquisition department.
Additional Success Factors
* Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
* Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with patients, referral sources, and colleagues.
* Personable office professional whose strengths include cultural sensitivity and an ability to build rapport with a diverse population in multicultural settings.
* Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects in a fast paced environment.
* Strong interpersonal, oral (including telephone) and written communication skills.
* Basic administrative accounting skills.
* Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, fellow employees and referral sources.
* Act with integrity in all ways and at all times, remaining honest, transparent, and respectful in all relationships.
* Keep the patient at the center of everything that you do, building lifelong trust.
* Foster open collaboration and constructive dialogue with everyone around you.
* Continuously innovate new solutions, influencing and responding to change.
* Focus on superior outcomes, and calibrate work processes for outstanding results.
Our Investment in You
* Competitive salary.
* Competitive health and insurance benefits.
* Annual target bonus or commission.
* Paid vacation and sick time.
* Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
Hanger, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or harassment because of race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, special disabled veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. The Company will comply fully with all applicable state or local fair employment laws that forbid discrimination or harassment on the basis of other protected characteristics. Retaliation against any employee for filing or supporting a complaint of discrimination or harassment is prohibited.