Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Medical Lab Tech
Coos Bay , OR 97420
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Treva is a supplement staffing company that partners with local companies on temporary placements and/or direct hires. We have been dedicated to our community since 2009. Our culture is to ensure our candidates and clients feel welcome and comfortable with our services. We are here to find the right position for the right person.
Treva Corporation is currently seeking a full-time Medical Lab Technologist for a Hospital in Coos Bay, Oregon. This is a Direct hire, hiringbonus with a 2 year commitment and possible relocation assistance. The shift variable and rotating Saturdays.
MLT Job Role:
- Produces complete and accurate laboratory results.
- Responds to test requisitions promptly, with attention to patient's name, type of test and time of test.
- Disposes of hazardous materials properly, immediately after use, per department guidelines.
- Is attentive to record keeping, documentation of work performed and required clerical tasks.
- Notifies supervisor of work completion, and reports for additional assignments.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform computer functions accurately.
- Completes work left from other shifts, and strives to reduce any holdover procedures. Work pending is organized and appropriately left for follow-up.
- Demonstrates the ability to coordinate simultaneous functions with complete accuracy.
- Demonstrates the flexibility to adjust schedule in response to STAT orders or fluctuations in the workload.
- Demonstrates the following skills regarding send out testing.
- Demonstrates the ability to accurately, efficiently and safely perform venipuncture and capillary blood removal procedures. Completely conforms to guidelines in blood removal procedures.
- Follows up on conflicting or irregular patient problems.
- Demonstrates the ability to act as a reference for lab assistant, technician, and medical technologists personnel.
- Dates, initials or signs all laboratory documents and computer entries as required; i.e., updating, result review.
- Calls all critical or abnormal pre-op patient results promptly. Appropriately documents calls in computer.
- Maintains a neat/clean organized work area and keeps working supplies stocked at the bench.
- Follows protocol for running and reporting controls. Takes appropriate action in out-of-control discrepant or unexpected test results. Documents as appropriate.
- Notifies supervisor of out-of-control, discrepant or unexpected results within expected time frame.
- Performs proficiency testing accurately and timely.
- Performs maintenance and calibration as scheduled, when asked and within set time frame. Documents as appropriate.
- Recognizes and resolves problems, troubleshoots malfunctioning equipment/procedures and uses alternative methods when available. Notifies supervisor of problems as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical technology and hospital policy and acts as reference for hospital personnel, physicians and patients.
- Assists in employee orientation and training upon the request of a supervisor.
- Demonstrates the ability to act as lead technologist in the absence of a supervisor.
- Demonstrates proficiency in operation of automated instruments, particularly in the area of troubleshooting, calibration and maintenance.
- Prefer certification in MLT and ASCP
- Must have at least one year ofexperience as a MT
- General lab experience
- Laboratory computer system experience required
- Experience in Urinalysis, mircoscopic and macroscopic, kit tests (strep screens and UCG test) required
- Current BLS (American Heart Association)
- Current immunizations and/or screenings (MMR, DPT, Varicella, HEP B and TB) required
All candidates MUST meet the qualifications listed above to be considered for the position.
What Treva Provides:
Email your updated resume today and start working with Treva where you are supporting a locally own Michigan business. We may be a small business, but we provide BIG results. Treva is not about the bottom dollar and just producing numbers. We care about building a relationship with our clients and job seekers. We offer competitive pay and dont create barriers when you want to hire on directly with the contracted company. Once you submit your resume you will be contacted by an experienced, local, and dedicated Recruiter. We guarantee you wont be disappointed!
Inspired People.Powerful Results!!!