Medical Imaging Software Engineer
Cambridge , MA 02138
Posted 1 month ago
We are developing biomedical optical imaging and medical robotics technologies and seeking a Software Engineer to join our talented team in Cambridge, MA. With several version 1.0 projects heading for FDA submission, this is an exciting time to be part of our growth and success!
This Medical Device Software Engineer (Engineer) position will contribute to the design, implementation and verification of software for one or more of the projects we are bringing to market.
It is a hands-on role that may include all aspects of device software development: firmware and software, algorithm development and optimization, image processing, application and GUI development.
If you have Software Engineering experience, preferably in the medical device field, and want to use your expertise to build new, innovative products, this could be the job for you!
- Software analysis, planning, design, implementation, and verification of novel medical devices that consists of hardware control, data acquisition, signal/image processing, display, and post processing of medical images
- Work collaboratively with researchers and application development engineers in all software development phases
- Design and code medical-grade software that meet the defined software requirements and Design Inputs
- Create documentation adhering to quality procedures, regulations, standards and industry best practices under Design Control
- Contribute to product requirement development and risk management reviews
- Work effectively in cross-functional teams consisting of Research, Engineering, QA/RA, and Marketing
- Keep abreast of relevant and new technologies in the medical device field
- Report progress regularly to Senior Software Engineer
- Contribute to patent analysis and invention creations
- Education Required: Minimum Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience Required: Minimum 3 years in a software engineering role. Direct experience of software architecture design and development is preferred
- Strong understanding of modern programming languages.
- Proficiency in C/C++ is required (embedded software) is a must
- Candidates must have Medical device background.
- Designing complex hardware control systems using UML or SysML (Rational or Enterprise Architect)
- Knowledge and experience in DICOM and 2D medical image processing; experience using toolkits such as IPP, ITK, VTK or 3D Slicer
- Must be a team player and possess strong oral and written communication skills
Experience in one more of the following Preferred:
Developing for MS Windows
Developing medical or other safety-critical products
OpenGL, GPU/CUDA, OpenCV coding
Prototyping with MATLAB, Simulink, LabVIEW
Intellectual property development
Requirements analysis and risk management processes, e.g. hazard analysis and dFMEA
The company will not pursue or support visa sponsorship for this position.