We are looking for a ridiculously accurate Medical Editor toSr. Medical Editor to work side by side with leadership and be recognized for their commitment and impact in the agency. COVID NOTICE:There is NO return date to the office until there is a vaccine. Moving forward the agency will provide more WFH and flex opportunities for employees.Agency Insights & Culture
Mid-sized agency where leadership is heavily involved andWILLfast track those that have a desire to grow and go beyond expectations
They are committed to creating a work environment that encourages its employees to achieve excellence in everything they doANDmaintain a work-life balance
They are challenging the status quo, and winning awards and clients under the leadership of their new Chief Creative Officer
Low turnover, stable work environment and great benefitsyou heard right!
What Employees are Saying
The quality of the people is very high they are smart and driven, and the work definitely reflects that. I feel like collaboration and team-work are actively encouraged, and medical is very much a valued part of the team.
A great company to work for. The people in the office make coming to work every day enjoyable, but are still the most efficient and effective group I have seen.
A collaborative- inspiring- team-oriented culture that embraces life.
Great culture, smart people, good work-life balance. Management is fair, present and listens to their employees. Great team environment.
Educational seminars, breakfast, and other perks have been great
The Role You Will Play
Review materials, both hard copy and electronic (including manuscripts, slide decks, ancillary meeting materials, Web site copy, etc.), to ensure that quality standards are met throughout various stages of production
Edit/proofread for grammar, spelling, sentence/paragraph structure, consistency, formatting, and adherence to style
Check accuracy and review styling of references
Assist with fact checking
Help to develop and maintain editorial server, including keeping style sheets updated, as well as potentially assist with various administrative tasks such as references and permissions
Work directly with senior editorial staff to take on editorial support as directed, and develop a working knowledge of various programs, clients, and therapeutic areas
Report to VP, Editorial
Experience in healthcare advertising or medical communications
medical editing and/or proofreading experience
Working knowledge of AMA style, a strong attention to detail
Ability to multi-task and stay focused on one project until completion
Working knowledge of PubMed and ability to complete research and gather information online is preferred
VIEW JOBS7/31/2020 12:00:00 AM2020-10-29T00:00Link to full listing here.
The Counter is seeking a senior editor to join its award-winning nonprofit newsroom. This role will help expand our editorial vision and capacity as we continue to grow an ever-more-inclusive organization that is reflective of the world we cover.
We are the home of a new kind of food journalism that goes beyond the gustatory to uncover the money, power, and politics behind our plates. In an economy driven by consumer demand, food journalism is accountability-and food literacy is leverage. We believe that an informed public, armed with unbiased context and analysis, can demand policy change and be empowered to make the choices that matter in their own lives.
The person hired for this senior-level position will play a key role in shaping The Counter's groundbreaking coverage-reporting that has received numerous awards and honors, including a James Beard Media Award, and has twice been selected to appear in The Best American Food Writing. We were named one of the four best "micro-newsrooms" in the country by the Online News Association in 2018.
The Counter offers opportunities for professional development in an informal, collaborative, and intellectually inspiring nonprofit newsroom culture, as well as the rare chance to write and report for clarity, not clicks. This is a full-time, salaried staff position with benefits. We are fully remote and welcome applicants from across the country.
Want to apply? We want you to!
* Be invested in The Counter's distinctive brand of deeply reported storytelling, with a strong grasp of our role in the broader world of food media, and the enthusiasm to match our ambitious growth plans.
* Feel confident assigning and editing a full range of stories to freelancers and staff writers-long-lead features, reported articles, breaking news, and pieces that provide context on the newsworthy events in our beat.
* Be a natural storyteller and fiercely attentive editor-someone who's as comfortable with precise, line-level details as they are with broader narrative decisions.
* See opportunity where structure is absent. The ideal candidate will be able to develop and implement new processes when needed, while working diligently and efficiently with a remote team across three time zones.
* Come with a robust network of reporters, illustrators, photographers, and designers you're eager to tap for freelance work. But know how to spot new talent when you see it, and thrive on giving it wings.
* Thrive within an environment that prioritizes speed, accuracy, nuance, organization, detail, time management, communication, and deadlines.
* Demonstrate compassion and empathy both in your newsroom interactions and in the framing of stories you assign and edit.
* Be willing to interrogate your own assumptions as an editor and human being-and be able to identify implicit or explicit bias in pitches, reporting, and sourcing.
* Be committed to growing an ever-more-inclusive newsroom, as well as expanding our coverage of topics and communities that are underrepresented in media.
* Increasing our mentorship capacity, and being mindful of and invested in the career trajectories of junior staff.
* Collaborate with enthusiasm while moving your projects forward independently and without oversight.
* Know when to lead and when to retreat.
* Though this role is primarily editorial and managerial, we're looking for an agile, imaginative news junkie who can also write when needed.
We welcome non-traditional backgrounds, provided they are grounded in journalism. Strong, varied editing experience with copy of all kinds is more important than deep knowledge of food and agriculture or decades spent in newsrooms (though we don't discount that!).
In return for your contributions, we'll provide ample opportunity to see The Counter into the next phase of its evolution, to develop talent, to work with an award-winning team of staff writers and freelancers, and to help us make a case for what the future of food media should be.
Also bring with you, at minimum:
* Three years in an editor role
* Impeccable news judgment
* Bomb-proof copy-editing chops
* Comfort overseeing freelancers and staff writers, including assigning, editing, and publishing stories
* Experience responding to major events and breaking news
* Significant background writing and editing for a digital outlet with a diverse audience
* Interest in the growing nonprofit news sector
* Desire to uphold and implement The Counter's approach to ethics and reporting
* Ambition for growing The Counter's output, offerings, audience, and brand
* Ability to work with producers and the audience engagement editor to bring stories to life for various audiences
* Experience overseeing some aspect of visual storytelling as required for stories you assign, from photography to graphics
* Sensitivity, grace, diplomacy, superb listening and people skills, and humility
* A sense of humor, curiosity, and a willingness to experiment and take risks
In return, we'll make sure you:
* Help shape the future direction of our newsroom
* Are included in top-level editorial decision making, working closely with the EIC, managing, and deputy editors
* Play a role in guiding The Counter's ambitious special projects and most impactful features
* Assign, edit, report, and write daily news coverage of an exciting, fast-paced journalistic beat
* Develop an unimpeachable understanding of what makes a Counter story
* Become an expert in the complex nuances of food journalism, with opportunities to act as a thought leader in media and public appearances
* Grow intimately familiar with competitors, the food media landscape, and the daily stream of food news we're required to cover
* Become a key conduit between newsroom staff and editors
* Have loads of opportunities to nurture and develop your own skills, as well as those of emerging journalists
* Get plenty of support from fellow editors with ample experience in the beat
* Use your specific skills and expertise to help guide The Counter through a period of rapid audience and personnel growth
Please send a brief cover letter, salary requirement, and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Applying for Senior Editor Role" in the subject line. Apply by September 1, 2020 to ensure full consideration.
The Counter is committed to identifying and addressing forms of systemic inequality that pervade the American food system-as well as food media itself. Read a statement from our editor about our ongoing work to improve equity and representation within our organization.
Institute For Nonprofit NewsNew YorkNY
VIEW JOBS7/30/2020 12:00:00 AM2020-10-28T00:00Overview
Title: Senior Editor
Company/Location: Biolumina / New York, NY *REMOTE*
The Sr Editor will represent the department in internal meetings, prioritize workloads, and serve as the Editor of Record on assigned accounts. The Sr Editor will be responsible for ensuring Client, Brand, and AMA style adherence, that FDA guidelines are reflected, that internal processes are followed, and that timelines are met. The Sr Editor will partner with team members to ensure accuracy and to meet the demands of our Clients.
He/she will serve as lead Editor on launches as appropriate. The Sr Editor will be a resource for teams in marking up changes in Acrobat according to agency procedures and best practices-helping to train new team members and providing support as needed. The Sr Editor will also help to train and support Editors and new hires in departmental processes.
Primary Job Responsibilities
* Edit copy (concepts, manuscripts, layouts/mechanicals, site/content maps, wireframes, functional specification documents, and disk releases) for grammar, sense, and spelling according to style
* Ensure all appropriate information appears per the Editorial Checklist
* Perform specific types of reads as outlined in the agency job flow process
* Fact check claims for accuracy, verify statistics and dates per primary references and ensure citations are styled properly
* Consistently update supervisor with account information including workload, issues, and timing
* Work independently with minimal supervision while communicating and collaborating with team members
* Verify the accuracy and placement of art work
* Read pieces vs core documents for consistency across campaigns
* Build and maintain working relationships with Copywriters to establish preferred mode of working together and to cement team structure
* Review pieces at each stage according to agency job flow and departmental procedures
* Communicate with team members, keeping them abreast of any significant editorial issues
* Create/maintain Editorial style sheets outlining client/brand style elements that differ from AMA style and upload to intranet for team access
* Attend assigned account status and start up meetings to represent editorial interests and negotiate on behalf of the department
* Support other editors according to workloads and participate in a rotating departmental nightly schedule
* Lead by example by demonstrating dedication to assigned accounts and timelines and mentoring less experienced members of the department
* Demonstrate ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects
* Project a professional, positive attitude toward all Agency employees and Clients
* Remain calm in high pressure situations
* Communicate clearly-verbally and in writing
* Develop in-depth knowledge of assigned accounts
* Uphold Agency quality standards in servicing the Client
* Assist other members of department as needed when workload allows
* Maintain accurate time sheets
* Perform other job-related tasks as assigned by the Editorial Director or Managing Editor
* Develop knowledge of Client's process/procedures for all submissions
* Uphold the Company Values in all decisions and interactions
* College degree-preferably English, Journalism, or Communications major
* 1-2 years of editing experience in a pharmaceutical advertising agency or a medical publishing house
* Superior editing skills and knowledge of AMA style
* Knowledge of and interest in the health care industry
* Detail oriented and organized
* High level of language and communication skills
* Interest in and understanding of science
* An excellent grasp of grammar
* Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat
* Positive/helpful attitude
* Ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict guidelines
* Working knowledge of MS Office
* Always ask why-of your teammates, your clients, and yourself. And don't stop there-keep asking questions
* Be respectful of others' ideas, opinions, and diverse backgrounds
* Be flexible and adaptive to new ways of doing things
* Speak your mind…and your heart
* Courageously step forward to try something new and help others to do the same
* Be brave enough to defend your opinions-and brave enough to change them
* Be proactive and push things forward
* Reach out to offer help and raise your hand to ask for help
* Go out of your way to show gratitude
Cline Davis & Mann, Inc.New YorkNY
VIEW JOBS7/25/2020 12:00:00 AM2020-10-23T00:00* Requisition no: 507920
* Work type: Full Time
* Location: Morningside
* School/Department: Communications & Public Affairs
* Grade: Grade 13
* Categories: Commun/PR/Editorial, Other
Under the direction of the Executive Director of News in Columbia's Office of Communications and Public Affairs, the Engagement Editor is responsible for creating audience-focused content and an analytics strategy for all Columbia News digital channels, including web, social, and email outlets. Our goal is to create a digital experience that resonates with the Columbia audience-one that draws in new parts of our community and the media.
Working closely with the digital content and media relations teams within the department and across Columbia, the Engagement Editor will determine how and where to connect with audiences, including students, faculty, staff, alumni, the media, and influencers. The Engagement Editor will create content based on analytics for optimal posting times, trending stories, and SEO strategies. They will also help guide editorial decisions through active listening, collaborate on creating user journeys, and seek opportunities for audience interaction.
The Engagement Editor must have strong editorial experience, digital production skills, and the ability to collaborate across all levels of the university
* Plan, write, and build digital content
* Gather, interpret, and share content analytics
* Plan audience engagement strategy and user journeys
* Oversee SEO optimization on digital products and best practices for digital content delivery
* Collaborate with the Digital Content Strategist and Social Media Director on content creation, product planning and resurfacing content
* Consult on better analytic practices with teams across Columbia University
* Collaborate on editing for accuracy, voice, readability and consistency
* Bachelor's degree required
* Minimum of five years' experience developing or managing written and/or multimedia materials
* Familiarity with user experience and SEO content strategies
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills that include excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and attention to detail
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to collaborate across a multi-functional production team
* Deep desire to keep up with digital trends and forecasting
* Advanced knowledge of analytics tools, Google Analytics and BrightEdge
* Experience with content management systems, preferably Drupal
* Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Mailchimp, Slack, and G Suite
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Applications open: Jul 24 2020 Eastern Daylight Time Applications close:
Back Apply Share
Columbia UniversityNew YorkNY