VIEW JOBS1/2/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-02T00:00<p>We are in search of a talented Senior Editor to join our growing team.</p>Responsibilities as Editor of Record: <ul> <li>Meticulous copyediting and proofreading</li> <li>Fact-checking references for all materials</li> <li>Bringing promotional copy into compliance with FDA regulations</li> <li>Ensuring all pieces conform to the Client’s specific style guidelines</li> <li>Maintaining and distributing Client- /product-specific guidelines among staff editors</li> <li>Ensuring content is accurate and referenced appropriately</li> <li>Serving as the Client’s contact authority for all editorial issues</li> <li>Interacting with agency team members re brand tactics</li> <li>Attendance at all daily, status, kick-off, and any other team meetings requiring editorial perspective/input for the brand</li> <li>Maintaining source and reference files</li> <li>Pursuing and documenting grants of permission re published materials for Client tactics</li> </ul> <p>Please apply with your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements</p><p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><li>5/+ years’ experience in medical editing within a pharmaceutical agency or Client setting</li><li>Experience in product launch—US and global</li><li>Stickler for accuracy and perfectionism—relentless attention to detail</li><li>Familiarity with FDA regulations re promotional copy of prescription drugs</li><li>Well-versed in the American Medical Association Manual of Style</li><li>Fluency in review of digital/interactive/tablet PC tactics as well as print</li><li>Strong research skills</li><li>A bachelor’s degree, preferably in the sciences, pre-med</li><p><strong>Benefits</strong></p><p>Competitive Salary and Benefits Package</p><p>A leading, full-service advertising agency specializing in health care and biotech. Expanding and inventing new approaches to digital professional and consumer marketing and you can be a part of it. Through the San Francisco office, the Agency provides local support to West Coast clients, delivering the highest standards of strategic/creative/digital service. Our clients love us not only for the quality of our strategic thinking and creative product, but also because we value human relationships and mutual respect. We are smart, talented, kind, and respectful. Join us.</p>Shs, IncorporatedSan FranciscoCA
VIEW JOBS1/20/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-20T00:00Senior Editor
The Senior Editor works on-site at our San Francisco office, serving as the lead editor on at least one brand and backup on other brands, ensuring that all pieces are grammatically and factually correct and in compliance with AMA style, client style, and FDA rules and regulations. The Senior Editor will be part of a small, growing editorial team in an innovative agency whose work is mostly digital. The client base is primarily pharmaceutical and focused equally on consumer and HCP audiences. This is not a remote position.
* Copy edit, fact-check, and proofread a variety of promotional and educational materials from draft manuscript through print or digital production
* Conduct word-for-word reviews to ensure matching content; must have the temperament to do word-for-word comparisons of drug safety information often
* Must be able to understand scientific and medical data to ensure the accuracy of statements and brand claims (a background in science or medicine would be an asset, though not required)
* Work closely with project managers, copywriters, art directors, and account executives to ensure that materials produced are of the highest quality in terms of accuracy, utility, clarity, readability, and appeal
* Attend status and kick-off meetings for assigned brand(s) as time allows
* Collaborate with other editors
* Create and maintain brand style guides
* At least 2 years copy editing in a pharmaceutical advertising agency, in-house agency, or medical publishing company, and at least 5 years total in copy editing or proofreading
* Working knowledge of AMA Manual of Style, 10th edition, required
* Background or interest in science or medicine a plus
* Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills are essential
* Proficient in English grammar and usage
* Highly proficient in digital media (navigating web/device interfaces, making screenshots, working in online routing systems)
* Bachelor's degree
* Attention to detail
* Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat
* Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Arnold WorldwideSan FranciscoCA
VIEW JOBS1/19/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-19T00:00CNN Business is expanding its presence in Silicon Valley to deepen its business coverage of the companies and technologies disrupting every sector of the global economy.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
* We are looking for a Senior Tech Editor will play a key role in the CNNMoney newsroom -- finding, assigning and editing stories and managing a team of reporters covering technology.
* The Section Editor will oversee Tech but will work with other CNNMoney teams in the US and abroad.
What will you be doing?
* Identify, assign and line edit tech stories appropriate for CNNMoney
* Manage, mentor and teach reporters
* Plan news and long-term coverage
* Work closely with other newsroom disciplines including video, design, development
What do we need from you?
* 7-10 years of editorial news experience
* Track record of success in busy newsrooms
* Experience collaborating with other editors and reporters
* Strong communication skills
* Experience covering or demonstrated passion for technology
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple priorities
* Facility to work across a complex global organization
* Bachelor Degree in communication, journalism, TV production, or related field preferred. In lieu of a degree, we would consider experience and on the job accomplishments.
* Strong news judgement
* Strong line editing and writing skills - Strong collaboration and communication skills - Ability to mentor and teach reporters
* Demonstrated passion for breaking news
But wait, there's more!
* Paid time off every year to volunteer
* 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
* An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
* Part of WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.Time Warner, Inc.San FranciscoCA