Medical Billing Clerk
Gill Family Medicine
Decatur , AL 35603
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Large North Alabama based Primary Care Clinic searching for a Full-Time Billing Specialist that will work as part of a central billing office team to process and code claims. The Billing Specialist will work closely with the Senior Billing Specialist to enter accurate ICD-10 code assignments and required billing data elements prior to charges being processed for payment and revenue reporting.
Shown are duties intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Employee(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specified duties.
- Reviews and examines entire clinical documentation sheet for accurate and complete diagnostic and procedure information. May be required to request diagnosis or other data from providers when not recorded in the clinical documentation in the EMR (Electronic Medical Record), or if information is incomplete.
- Under direction of the Senior Billing Specialist, determines correct sequence of primary and secondary diagnoses according to provider documentation.
- Under direction of the Senior Billing Specialist, applies knowledge of ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, and modifiers to all provider coding and billing assignments.
- Answers coding questions from staff and identifies and corrects errors as needed.
- Interacts with physicians and peers face-to-face, by telephone, and in writing in a professional and productive manner.
- Analyzes and evaluates data with reference to standards and considers alternatives.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Enter charges from paper superbills in the event of a power failure or directly through the Practice Management System.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Education: High School Diploma AND(3) years of medical billing experience.
- Primary Care experienced desired.
- Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices
- Knowledge of computer programs.
- Knowledge of Medicaid and Commercial Payers.
- Knowledge of medical computer software.
- Knowledge of business office procedures.
- Knowledge of basic medical coding and third party operating procedures and practices.
- Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
- Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system.
- Ability to read, understand and comprehend the CPT and ICD.9, ICD.10 manuals.
- Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and management.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to work independently and proactively engage supervisor and coworkers when needed
Competitive Pay Ranging from $12-$20/hour depending on experience. Paid bi-weekly via direct deposit
Health Insurance Provided by Company with Employee paying $45/pay period
Retirement Plan included Profit Sharing provided by business & 401K employee payroll deduction
Six paid holidays per year
Two weeks of vacation paid per year
Cafeteria plan available for employee including AFLAC, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance & Secondary Health Insurance
Two uniforms provided after a 60 day introductory period
Lunch provided many days per week