Medical Assistant -Cano Health
Miami Beach , FL 33139
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Cano Health is a rapidly growing operator of healthcare centers specializing in Senior Care and Primary Care for all ages. We are a vibrant company culture founded on the pillars of family, wellness, and service; operating preeminent medical centers in Florida, Texas and Puerto Rico. As the organization continues to grow, it will be important to retain the best of the company’s entrepreneurial culture and combine it with an awareness of the operational rigor needed in a more distributed, complex healthcare environment. Be part of a diverse team of talented professionals, united in their vision of achievement and professional growth.In Cano Health we are working to be the most patient-centric company in the industry, to get there, we need talented, bright, and driven people. In our Quality Improvement department, we are currently looking for a Medical Assistant who can perform a variety of clinical and clerical tasks in an outpatient examining room setting under the direction of a registered nurse and/or physician. Prepares treatment rooms, inventory supplies, and instruments, and sets up the patient for the attention of the physician. Provides basic medical care to patients in a clinical setting and can provide continuing training and be a supportive main contact for all medical assistants for all our centers.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming the purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests/vitals; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary. Draws blood if necessary.
- Provide support and assistance as needed regarding patient care such as; transfers/mobility, activities of daily living including but not excluding assistance with hygiene and toileting while the patient is at the medical center.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards, policies, and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Assist the Quality department with tracking patient gaps to ensure HEDIS standards are met.
- Medical Assistant needs to be able to perform a variety procedure on a daily basis such as:
- IM / SC injections.
- Blood Venipuncture
- A medical assistant must be able to manage a variety of machines used on centers such as and not limited to:
- Fingerstick glucose test, Urine dipstick test, Eye exams, Rapid strep, Spirometry, PT/INR test, EKG exam, Nebulizer Treatment.
- Assist Physicians with: Ear lavage, wound care, pap smears.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
- Medical Assistant Certification obtained from an accredited provider.
- Phlebotomy Certification obtained from an accredited provider
- CPR or BLS for the Healthcare Provider certificate issued by the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent experience is required
- At least two (2) years of experience as a Medical Assistant, Phlebotomist or in additional areas of patient health care in a clinical setting.
Fluency in English and Spanish is required to communicate effectively with our patient population.Tools & Equipment Used
Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual office equipment.Physical Requirements/Working Environment
This position works under usual office conditions. The employee is required to work at a personal computer as well as be on the phone for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand, sit, walk and occasionally climb. The incumbent must be able to work extended and flexible hours and weekends as needed. Physical demands include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Job Type:
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- medical assistant: 1 year (Required)
- EMR systems: 1 year (Required)
- medical terminology: 1 year (Required)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) (Preferred)