We are seeking a Medical Assistant to become a part of our team! You will perform routine administrative and clinical assignments to keep the medical facility running smoothly. This position is shared between two employees. Functions listed below will not be sole responsibility of one employee.
JOB OVERVIEW: Responsible for patient care under the direction of a physician or licensed health care provider.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Room patients, obtain vitals, patient history and reason for seeking care.
2. Process telephone messages.
3. Follow prescription refill procedures.
4. Maintain patient records confidentially.
5. Record patient charges and lab charges for billing department.
6. Assist the provider with patient education pertaining to their ongoing health care and documentation of patient exam.
7. Assist the provider in minor surgical procedures.
8. Maintain work are, exam room, supplies, and medications.
9. Schedule out patient testing such as MRI, Ultrasound, etc.
1. Maintain professional appearance and personal conduct at all times.
2. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and management.
3. Effectively cope with typical job stress.
4. Document work processes as required.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
6. Compliance with OSHA and HIPPA protocols.
Minimum two years experience in a primary care office environment preferred with medical documentation.
Medical terminology, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, knowledge of CPT & ICD-10 coding procedures, and knowledge of medications and injection procedures
Alexander Medical Associates