VIEW JOBS1/24/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-04-24T00:00<p>Team Lead Senior Mechanical Engineer</p><p> </p><p>Established Consulting Engineering firm office based in Atlanta as part of a 475-person engineering firm, has an immediate opportunity for a degreed and licensed Mechanical Engineer. The successful candidates will have experience on Mission Critical, commercial, and industrial projects.</p><p>This individual would manage and support varied tasks including HVAC Team Leadership, HVAC engineering and design, equipment selection and specifications, mathematical calculations and research of applicable building codes, ASHRAE standards and other pertinent energy efficiency related industry standards. Vanderweil requires experience that includes full project involvement from concept design to construction documents and Contract Administration. Prior direct client interaction is also important, including project meetings and technical interaction with internal and external clients. <strong>PE license is required.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p><strong>Responsibilities<br /><br /></strong></p><p>Team Leader:</p><ul><li>Day to day management of the mechanical engineering team regarding tasks, projects, and issues, and removing roadblocks as appropriate</li><li>Be a client facing mechanical subject matter expert<p> </p><p>Engineering Design</p><ul><li>Apply standard engineering design principles and methodologies as well as applicable codes in the preparation of construction documents.</li><li>Lead conceptual and schematic design phases of projects to ensure design fundamentals meet client expectations and code requirements.</li><li>Prepare or direct development of design documentation including drawings, calculations, specifications, reports, etc.</li><li>Prepare or direct development of specifications, working drawings, instructions, and other related documents.</li><li>Maintain complete and orderly project files and documentation.</li><li>Participate in the QC process by reviewing drawings and evaluating the need for design changes; make appropriate recommendations.</li><li>Perform design reviews as part of the QC process.</li><li>Ensure that production of drawings, specifications, reports, and analyses meet scope, schedule, cost and quality requirements.</li><li>Maintain current knowledge of National electrical codes as well as design and construction procedures to meet changing priorities.<p> </p><p>Project Management</p></li><li>Develop and communicate to the design team a project budget and timeline to ensure a timely, cost effective delivery of the engineering design.</li><li>Lead “Kick Off” meetings clearly define the scope of work and project goals.</li><li>Monitor the financial performance of the project and identify areas of ‘scope creep’ for Add Service opportunities; coordinate with the customer or client manager to successfully address the issue.</li><li>Communicate directly with client on projects managed.</li><li>Work with the Project Accountant in the preparation of invoices and other project documentation.<p> </p><p>Mentoring and Training</p></li><li>Assist in the professional development of junior engineers and designers through individual mentoring and participation in the firm’s various internal training programs.</li><li>Participate in continual process improvement through leadership in initiative teams, task committees, training sessions and other special efforts.</li><li>Develop and grow the mechanical department. <p> </p><p> </p><p><strong>Qualification Requirements<br /><br /></strong></p></li><li>Bachelor’s degree in applicable discipline</li><li>Professional Engineer (PE) designation</li><li>Minimum of 10 years related experience</li><li>Experience leading cross-disciplinary design teams and the ability to mentor junior engineers and designers to help them advance their technical skills.</li><li>Strong aptitude in engineering design.</li><li>Strong computer skills (AutoCAD, REVIT, BIM360, Plant 3D, Microsoft Office).</li><li>Well developed, detail oriented organizational skills.</li><li>Ability to work with management to set and achieve goals based on the client’s priorities and project objectives.</li><li>Support internal and external customers.</li><li>Ability to work as part of a design team as well as independently.</li></ul></li></ul>LuxusAtlantaGA
VIEW JOBS1/17/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-04-17T00:00Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
* 1100+ Team members
* 900+ Consultants
* 550+ Ph.D.'s
* 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for our Vehicle Engineering Practice in Atlanta, GA In this role you will work as part of a team to analyze transportation and heavy equipment accidents, mechanical failures, and the evaluation of the design and safety of consumer and industrial products. You will have excellent technical skills, hands-on skills, communication skills, and be motivated to ultimately develop your own consulting practice and grow professionally within Exponent.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Engineering analysis
* Field and laboratory testing
* Original research
* Site, scene, vehicle and equipment inspections
* Preparing written reports and presenting results/findings to diverse audiences
* Overtime, after-hours work, and extensive travel is often required
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
* M.S. or Ph.D. in Engineering field
* Field and/or lab measurement experience required
* Must have knowledge of dynamics, mechanical design, and 3D CAD (AutoCAD or Rhino3D preferred)
* Must have analytical and problem solving skills
* P.E. license or the willingness to obtain a P.E. license
* Must possess strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to synthesize and present technical information
* Clear written communication and technical writing skills are required
* Must have a proven dedication to quality and accuracy
To learn more about life at Exponent, check out our Graduate Students page at www.exponent.com/careers/grad-students!
We value and encourage diversity and inclusivity across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
VIEW JOBS1/11/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-04-11T00:00Morrison Hershfield is a multi-disciplinary consulting engineering and management firm located throughout the US and Canada. We are a dynamic, employee-owned, team-oriented firm with a diverse project list that ensures you will be working on exciting, high-profile and challenging projects. For more than 70 years, the people at Morrison Hershfield have been the leading force behind our continuous growth and the expansion of our services.
A part of Morrison Hershfield's Integrated Engineering Design Business Unit, the Mission Critical Facilities Team is focused on providing Mechanical., Electrical and Commissioning services for Critical Facility clients across North America from offices in Atlanta, Baltimore and Toronto. in We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to complement our Mission Critical team in the Atlanta office.
This candidate will play a lead role in assisting our clients in all phases of the design & construction process, from functional planning and conceptual layout through to detailed design and construction support. The Mechanical Engineer is an integral member of the project team, responsible for delivering mission critical projects of varying sizes and complexities.
In this role you will report to the Mechanical Engineering Team Lead for Atlanta.
You will work on some of the most sophisticated and coveted projects in the industry, providing integrated solutions for technically complex issues. We are seeking someone who is customer and solution minded with a strong business acumen.
* Design - Performs mechanical engineering work (calculations, design, cad and Revit) related to Mission Critical Facilities, specifically in the areas of Mechanical Systems, i.e. HVAC, plumbing and drainage, fire protection & controls
* Conducts engineering/architecture/planning options comparisons by undertaking multifactor assessments to select preferred cost-effective alternatives
* Prepares contract drawings and specifications in conjunction with project team for delivery to client
* Documents study progress/results through the preparation of memos, minutes and reports as a record of events
* Liaises with clients to exchange information re: project progress
* Prepares site visit reports by interpreting findings to give clear recommendations and direction to clients
* Reviews shop drawings and design details by analyzing for continuity and viability
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Prior experience in a mechanical engineering role is considered as an asset
* Consulting Engineering experience for Mission Critical Facilities design and commissioning will be a plus
* Knowledge of Plumbing & Fire Suppression Systems will be a plus
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit or a Willingness to learn is a must
* Interest in buildings, commissioning, energy management, sustainability and construction
* Ability to work independently with little or no daily supervision
* Ability to work on low-rise rooftops, outdoors throughout the year
* Strong demonstrated written and oral communication skills in English
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
* Strong relationship and interpersonal skills required
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment with a strong customer service commitment
Morrison Hershfield is committed to having an inclusive and diverse workforce, with recruitment free of discrimination, ensuring all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
DISCLAIMER : The names and logos of the companies referred throughout this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.