Mechanical Systems Engineer-Ks
Zen Sherpa LLC
Elwood , KS 66024
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
A design engineering firm is looking for a Mechanical Systems Engineer to design mobile construction equipment and work from our Elwood, KS. facility. You will be responsible for systems integration, simplifying designs, cost reductions, driving commonality across sub-systems, etc.
- Minimum BSME or related degree BSc degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience in mobile construction equipment, agriculture, or related industries.
- Experience with drawing standards, GD&T, and weld codes
- Experience with Solidworks ver 2016 and up is a must.
- Minimum 3-5 years of SolidWorks designing Sheet Metal parts.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Mobile construction equipment or commercial vehicle engineering experience is desirable.
- Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools (ANSYS, ProMechanica or similar)
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided engineering (CAM) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAE)
- Responsible for product line structural and/or mechanisms engineering application, direction, input, and expertise
- Design systems and components that meet needs and requirements
- Test and evaluate theoretical designs
- Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems
- Evaluate the final products overall performance, reliability, and safety
- Undertake new tasks or projects as determined by current business needs and requirements.
- Evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability.
- Working experience with product lifecycle management (PLM), finite element analysis (FEA), and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Directs preparation of layouts, drawings, specifications, and bills of material.
- Perform engineering analysis to support the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements.
- Any other tasks as requested by management.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance (Supplement Life and AD&D offered)
- Disability Insurance (STD & LTD) offered
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays)
- Relocation allowance available upon hire