Mansfield , TX 76063
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
VLP Contractors, LLC. is a rapidly growing Mechanical & Industrial Construction Company. We are seeking motivated team members with a desire to learn, excel and advance their career.
VLP Contractors, LLC. is seeking a Mechanical/Industrial Superintendent.
Position Summary: The Superintendent is the company’s “management representative” and should conduct their self in a respectful matter at all times, is responsible for the safety of all team members, the completion of their project(s) within budget and on schedule to the company’s quality standards, and to the customer’s satisfaction. It is his/her responsibility to initiate any action required to achieve the above objectives and ensure that all project activities are consistent with company policies and procedures, and the customer’s policies and procedures.
Representative Responsibilities: The Superintendent’s duties will vary, as required, to support the team assigned to the project. His/her first responsibility is to ensure the safety and effectiveness of the project team. Generally, the Superintendent’s role will concentrate more on long-term planning, scheduling, the identification of future “roadblocks” and “pitfalls”, and the solving of these problems prior to their impact on the project. The Superintendent is to ensure that all logistical support is completed in a timely fashion so the team can concentrate on the daily and weekly direction of the company’s forces and coordination of subcontractors. The actual duties required of this position may vary.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Occasionally assist the estimating department with estimating a project.
- Participates in preparation and review of estimates with attention to the following: adherence to cost control system, equipment requirements and utilization, constructability, formwork, materials, manpower, general conditions, schedule, insurance, etc.
- Relays information to Estimation Manager to produce accurate project pricing.
- Accepts the project from the Estimating Department after having the chance to review the project with them.
- Timely and accurate Subcontractor purchasing. Buy the right subcontractor for the right price, at the right time. (Quotes should be included with the estimate at time of bidding).
- Project planning and mobilization.
- Responsible for scheduling, delivery and pick-up of equipment and materials.
- Safety planning and performance.
- Determine if any special job site conditions, rules or regulation will apply.
- Arrange and control the production schedule. Establish weekly production goals and inform the General Superintendent.
- Ensures the safety of all team members and have the correct PPE for each job task.
- Ensures all team members are following all safety policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Schedules material and equipment for delivery at the job site in a timely manner and monitor costs to remain at or below budget.
- Expedites the material deliveries of subcontractors and vendors.
- Ensures a clean and orderly job site is maintained daily.
- Reviews and monitors manpower, equipment, and material resources to accomplish this goal.
- Coordinates with the team the means and methods required for the successful and profitable execution of the work.
- Maintains control of company tools and equipment.
- Oversight of project Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC).
- Assists the Project Manager in the Change Order Process.
- Reviews and executes all change orders, supplements, and cost control budget adjustments.
- Pays special attention to the prevention of, and documents, delays or changes.
- Has overall responsibility for project success, including safety, schedule, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
- Tracks material, labor and equipment budget and reports any deviations to the General Superintendent and Project Manager.
- Input manhours into labor feedback spreadsheet for your project(s) and relay information to the General Superintendent.
- Reports discrepancies of labor or projections of labor over-runs to General Superintendent and Project Manager.
- Maintains a satisfactory production rate and strives to improve without hampering quality or stretching safety parameters.
- Any issues that may arise that will impact the project should be brought up to the General Superintendent and Project Manager as soon as possible.
- Meets with inspectors when on the job site and respond to their requests and/or questions. Ensures all inspections are passed the first time and there are no call-backs to jobs due to our workmanship.
- Manages the company’s subcontractors.
- Closes out the project in compliance with contract documents.
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task and successfully complete all tasks while under stress and pressure of strict time schedules and limited budgets.
- Must have a positive “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Participates in the business development process including client contacts, relationships, proposals, presentations, and negotiations for selected projects.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with customers, owners, architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Supervises project team, including establishing and communicating performance expectations, providing positive and constructive feedback, determining training and development needs, and conducting on-the-job training. May make discipline decisions, and/or termination recommendations.
- Provides documentation/write-ups of team members that are not following company policies and procedures.
- Ensures the integrity of all job site records and documentation including packing lists, time sheets, team member warnings, blueprints and any other reference items.
- Responsible for all team members on the project. Ensures they are following the established company policy and procedures and enforcing them, including safety.
- Report accidents to the office immediately and completes accident reports and cooperates with investigations.
- Resolves conflicts between personnel, suppliers, sub-contractors and other trades.
- Resolves problems and issues with as little impact to work in progress as possible.
- Ensures payroll and invoicing are not delayed due to incomplete, inaccurate or late paperwork.
- Responsible for the time keeping for all team members on your project.
- For any reason that arises that you don’t know the answer, find out (i.e., research, e-mail, phone call, etc.). You need to make sure that all work scope is clearly understood.
- Plans and looks ahead at obstacles or concerns. Develops a game plan of attack, even if others must be contacted to help resolve the issues.
- Superintendent will be held accountable for not meeting their roles, responsibilities, the safety of crew members and policies and procedures not being enforced.
VLP offers competitive pay, vacation/PTO, 401k with company matching, medical insurance, tuition reimbursement, vocational training and lots of advancement opportunity.
Job Type: Full-time