Mechanical Project Engineer
Phoenix , AZ 85004
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Mechanical Project Engineer is required for new product development within the aerospace industry.
Mechanical Engineering design including:
- Project management
- Packaging Design of Aerospace Hardware
- CAD design
- Drawing packages
- Weight analysis
- Structural analysis
- Assembly documents
- BOM (Bill Of Materials) part selections
- Engineering Change Orders
- Technical Reports
- Other Mechanical Design related Output items
- Mentor lower level Engineers/Technicians
Measure of Performance/ Accountability
- Accountable to generate accurate Mechanical design documentation.
- Accountable to deliver assigned projects on time
- Accountable to participate as the Mechanical Design Engineer on design teams.
- Accountable to keep current on all programs involved in.
- Accountable to effectively manage his time around all assigned projects.
- Accountable to provide estimates of design project man hours as required.
- Accountable to produce accurate decisions autonomously.
- Accountable to support Sustaining with subject matter expertise as required.
Background and Skill / Qualifications
- BSME or equivalent engineering degree with a minimum of 5 years design experience
- Or 10 years experience performing Mechanical Design functions
- Required to continuously increase personal capabilities and design skills
- Self motivated and posses the ability to motivate others.
- 5 years hands-on, mechanical engineering experience in a product development environment.
- 2 years experience in aerospace mechanical engineering work in a development and/or sustaining environment.
- Knowledge of FAA and regulatory design requirements
- Strong knowledge of materials properties, and manufacturing limits of sheet metal, plastics, castings and others.
- Proven track record of successful designs, released to production.
- Proficient with 3-D modeling (preferably SolidWorks).
- FEA applications (preferably ANSYS) a plus but not required.