Macdonald-Miller Facility Solutions
Seattle , WA 98101
Posted 1 week ago
At MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions (MacMiller) we make buildings work better. As the Northwests leading mechanical contracting firm, we design, deliver and service HVAC, plumbing and automation system solutions for commercial buildings. With our 1000 employees across 8 offices there is a breadth and variety of work to keep you engaged and inspired.
We enjoy a well-respected history of exceeding our customers expectations and executing with distinction. Our clients trust their toughest projects with our integrated teams, including:
- New construction From an architectural 3D model to a completed 40 story urban building that is on time and on budget
- Special projects- Updates/remodeling for existing commercial buildings for new efficiencies
- Service- On demand and scheduled maintenance ensuring tenant comfort
- Building performance- Control systems and automation for energy improvement and minimal surprises
People love to work at MacDonald-Miller thats a F.A.C.T.:
- Family Belong to something, be known and know others have your back. You are supported, respected and will have fun going to work. You are trusted to collaborate on big jobs and empowered to own it. We are recognized as a Best Places to Work and believe people work for people, not companies. People stick around for a reason as its more than a job.
- Authentic - You are respected and trusted with information ranging from monthly company financials to team metrics. You will be engaged with authentic and honest conversations on how to fix problems, not placing blame. Our environment is a safe place to share ideas, ask questions, and know that you are heard and contributing value to the team.
- Customer Focused We empower our employees to make decisions that correspond with our Customer Commitment. Its not just about the bottom line, we do the right thing for our customers to build trusted partnerships and prove that were in this for the long haul. We value humility It makes no difference how great we think we are. Its how great they think we are.
- Transformative - You will be inspired and learn as we invest in new technologies and business processes. From real-time job site video capture (MacLens), using iPads vs. paper, 3D modeling, pre-fab strategies, and leveraging sensors to detect problems before they happen you will be on the cutting edge and continuously learning (MacTED).
Mechanical Estimator: This is where you come in.
We're looking for an experienced Estimator to join our high-performing Estimating team. The successful candidate will be creative, analytically inquisitive and collaborative within a team environment with proven experience in producing detailed mechanical estimates.
The Estimating team fills the unique and critical role within the company of establishing mechanical design and construction estimates for each of the firms diversified Business Unit pursuits in securing contracts to sustain the company as a profitable enterprise.
Top 4 things to deliver in the first year to be a hero:
- Consistently develops estimates that accurately reflect the projects scope of work.
- Professionally communicates and documents the estimate scope, details, approach, and identifies the unique risks / opportunities.
- Positively contributes to the team while collaborating in the approach and deliverables with respective MMFS team members and customers.
- Performs with a sense of urgency in meeting all project estimate deliverable deadlines 100% of the time.
The Estimator role reports to Jeff Phillips, Estimating Manager, on a collaborative team working on a variety of projects and initiatives to support our growing business. This highly visible role interacts with all levels and functions within the organization.
Your Background: What kind of person will thrive in this role?
You should have
- A track record of delivering complete, accurate, timely, and detailed estimates representing a projects mechanical system costs, associated general conditions with required overhead and profit.
- Proficient in performing quantitative take-off of HVAC and plumbing systems for plan/spec and design build projects
- Experience evaluating and applying labor productivity factors, establishing general conditions, and determining site logistic approaches to integrate into the overall cost basis for each unique project estimate
And everyone you work with should describe you as
- Detail-oriented while keeping the big picture in mind
- Super hard-working
- A collaborative team player
And you should be motivated by...
- Empowering yourself to learn how to do something. If you need a ton of handholding or a micro-manager boss, this is not the place for you
- Working in a lean, results-oriented environment, where youll be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every year
- Having fun in an environment high on transparency, open to innovative new approaches with a supportive family feel
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions presently provides employee coverage for:
- Medical, dental, vision for employees (coverage available for dependents for shared premium).
- 401k retirement plan including Company matching.
- Vacation and Sick Compensation (PTO), and Holiday Pay!
- Disability income protection including short term and long term disability.
- Employee and dependent life insurance.
- Wellness Program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
Where you will work
Our Seattle HQ office (7717 Detroit Ave SW, Seattle WA 98106) in the SoDo area has easy access to Downtown and West Seattle, ample free parking and an onsite gym, not to mention great views! Neighborhood amenities include diverse and hip restaurants & breweries, nearby stadium events and convenient freeway/airport access.
Interested to learn more?
If youre ready for an adventure, and are interested in being considered for this role, click apply to start the conversation! Or if you know someone who currently works at MacDonald-Miller, reach out to them to get introduced to the team!