Zen Sherpa LLC
Elwood , KS 66024
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Looking for a dynamic, progressive, innovative design engineering and manufacturing company? Then this company is right for you! A mobile construction equipment design engineering firm is looking for an Engineering Designer located in Elwood KS facility.
You must have excellent mechanical designer/engineering skills, a passion for manufacturing, strong and effective communication skills, and the ability to think fast and turn problems into opportunities.
A preferred candidate is one who has mechanical designer/engineering skills for mobile heavy equipment with sheet metal experiences and can provide engineering design support for assigned projects/tasks
- Generate, evaluate, analysis and execute engineering designs to satisfy product, project goals/requirements
- Generation of drawings, Bills of Materials, Change requests and approvals
- Design execution of assigned direction regarding product changes, enhancements, and/or development
- Establishment and maintenance thereof of engineering documents including BOMs, drawings and change control
- Day to day involvement with engineering and other departments as needed to accomplish tasks
- Daily interaction with engineering PDM system
- Undertake new tasks or projects as determined by current business need/requirement.
Knowledge, skills & attributes preferred:
- Exhibit self-motivation, integrity, resilience, and flexibility to current and new situations, but always a team player with subordinates, peers, and/or management
- Must be results driven and can encourage and to speak up to people and teams to perform as needed
- Ability to construct individual part, component, and sub-assembly/assembly drawing/specification documentation to meet goals/requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with immediate team, all participating inside and outside departments, supplier, and customer base, as well as upper management
- Able to manage multiple projects in varying stages of process execution with knowledge, expertise, and motivation to succeed.
- Minimum 3-5 years SolidWorks design experience in construction, agriculture and/or related industry products
- Demonstrated understanding of design, engineering documentation and release of technical documents
- Hands-on manufacturing and/or product assembly experience
- SolidWorks PDM experience a plus
- MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint a plus
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance (Supplement Life and AD&D offered)
- Disability Insurance (STD & LTD) offered
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays)
- Relocation allowance available upon hiring.