Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Timothy Jon & Associates
Appleton , WI 54911
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Unique opportunity to join an established and successful Architectural and Engineering firm in Northeast Wisconsin. This is a full-time, salaried position with flexible work hours, great benefits, and the opportunity to work in a fun, collaborative environment.
In this role, the Mechanical Engineer will design plumbing, ventilation and air conditioning systems, fire protection, and/or heating for a variety of clientele in the healthcare, commercial and educational sectors. Mechanical Engineers must be detail oriented with great critical thinking and communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
- Create detailed construction and bidding document plans for clients
- Compute ventilation quantities, heating and cooling load, and equipment selection for building mechanical systems
- Provide design services for engineered plumbing systems and performance specified fire protection
- Research and specify equipment, products and systems to meet client expectations
- Assess existing systems and provide recommendations for replacement or refurbishment
- Collaborate closely with drafters and designers to partner in development of deliverables
- Calculate energy use of mechanical systems
- Confirm proper construction of design details on construction sites
- Communicate and correspond with clients in a professional and timely manner
- Collaborate with engineers and architects
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Architectural Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- 5 years or more of experience in a Mechanical Engineering capacity
- Experience with REVIT and BIM systems
- Experience with Microsoft Windows environment
- LEED and RCDD certification/accreditation are highly preferred