Our client is a Engineering Design and Commissioning Company that is a regional leader in the Northeast. They provide design, commissioning consulting and management expertise in the Critical Facilities Space with the mindset to provide reliability, energy efficiency, sustainable design and LEED expertise when providing these consulting services. This career-growth minded opportunity offers exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits. Mechanical Engineer - NYC University, Corporate, Healthcare, Mission Critical Facility design experience a Huge Plus!
Create designs and plans, provided and gather specifications, and execute assignments in a multidisciplinary mechanical engineering design role for complex facility design projects.
Create Conceptual Designs gathered from meeting with the client.
Oversee Commissioning Process as needed
Work with Business Development Team to respond to RFPs as needed
Represent the company in project meetings.
5-10+ years experience
PE or EIT a plus
LEED a plus.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Experience with Mechanical Systems ( HVAC , CFD ( Fluid Dynamics ), Boilers , Chillers , Pumps , CRAC / CRAH Units , Air Handling Units, etc. ).
Revit experience a Plus
Familiar with the design process of building systems for mission critical projects.
Effective Communicator emails, phone and face to face.
Ability to work independently.
Computer savvy: MS Project,
Submittal Instructions: Please send resumes email@example.com( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 11264942in the subject.After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy.You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at,http://jobs.pkaza.com If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for lets still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential butpay for referralsas well. Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan. EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V Peter Kazella & Associates Inc / Pkaza is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.
VIEW JOBS11/1/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-30T00:00The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
* Performs all aspects of engineering analysis and design for projects from concept stages through final design and construction administration.
* Develops the design for equipment and system selection, duct work systems, piping, and controls systems.
* Provides leadership of junior engineers and designers in the production of contract documents and specifications.
* May serve as project primary client interface for the engineering team.
* Visits project sites, collects field data, and prepares data for evaluation.
* Provides energy analysis and life cycle cost analysis for assigned projects and systems.
* Provides support to engineering staff members as needed.
* Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering required.
* PE license preferred.
* 3 years of experience working in a corporate engineering environment required.
* Experience in HVAC design in our core market sectors preferred.
* Working knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards including ASHRAE, ICC, and NFPA required.
* Experience in Revit or other BIM platform is a plus.
* Experience with energy modeling and load calculation software required.
* Must possess strong analytical, conceptual, communication and organizational skills.
* Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management.
* Ability to work with and lead junior engineers and designers in a team environment.
* Ability to self-motivate and work productively without supervision.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs EngineeringNew YorkNY
VIEW JOBS11/10/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-08T00:00Hydro Turbine / Generator Mechanical Engineer
* GE Renewable Energy
* Posted 11/9/2018 12:54:32 PM
* Job Function: Engineering/Technology
* Business Segment: Renewable Energy Hydro
Location(s): United States; Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, U.S., Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
The GE Renewable Energy Hydro IB (Installed Base) engineering team works on Hydro Turbine and Generator rehabilitation projects from the design phase to installation & commissioning. Within this team, the Fleet Reliability & Operation engineering group is the bridge between the design team and the construction and commissioning teams.
Under the responsibility of the Fleet Reliability and Operations engineer manager, the "Fleet" engineer is the site team's first contact for all kinds of questions and technical issues. Critical issues will be escalated to the design team or to the experts while the" "Fleet" engineer remains the owner and main site contact. The ultimate goal is to give top service to our Hydro Customers to ensure their satisfaction and to ensure the growth of GE in this market.
* Conduct site visits to assess the existing turbine and/or generator condition, supervise signature tests on the unit before disassembly at site.
* Daily phone calls with site teams to answer questions and for problem resolution.
* Provide additional work recommendations upon dismantling and inspection of existing components.
* Review and approve Site record sheets.
* Non-conformity and general issue resolution.
* Conduct site visits during the critical phases of the project.
* Support commissioning and test phases.
* Follow up of the performance testing of the prototype turbine on site.
* Assist with issue resolution during warranty period.
* Provide technical customer support and issue resolution when the warranty is over.
* Provide Feedback of experience to the design team.
* Complete condition assessment (site inspection and major maintenance works recommendations to the customer)
* Act as main site contact for operation and maintenance contracts.
* Prepare designs and related documentation for small service projects.
* Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, including a minimum of 15-20 years of relevant experience in the hydro business.
* Willingness and ability to travel in North America and around the world. (Home based, travelling 30% of the time within the USA to assist site activities, occasional meetings with customers and colleagues in Brossard QC, Canada)
* Ability to work remotely in a team and communicate effectively.
* Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited, reference verification and background check;
* Creativity, reactivity, sense of urgency, a good mix of common sense and science, priority management, pro-activity, autonomy, good communication skills, are the main characteristics required for this position.
* Knowledge of Hydro Turbine and Generator design and erecting methods.
* Knowledge of calculation methods related to the strength of materials, finite element simulation, metallurgy and welding processes are added values for the job
* Being passionate about solving issues.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, U.S., Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
General ElectricNew YorkNY
VIEW JOBS11/3/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-01T00:00Mission Statement
* Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company's mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
* Mechanical Control Systems is seeking to recruit a highly motivated candidate who demonstrates a strong Commitment to Excellence and understands the vital importance of personal accountability. Must be able to exercise independent judgment and possess the ability to render sound business decisions. Must be well organized, detail oriented, flexible to handle multiple assignments, meet deadlines, set and achieve business goals. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with strong verbal and written communication skills. Must possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with field and support personnel, equipment suppliers, and various levels of management in both the operating departments and in Engineering. Must be able to deliver exemplary customer service and develop a team spirited work environment in support of the Company's Corporate Values. Requires a BS degree in either Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering. In lieu of a BS in Engineering, a Bachelors degree in applied science (Physics, Chemistry) PLUS a Masters of Engineering in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical engineering will be accepted. Requires strong knowledge and/or experience in power plant operations/controls and process controls. Requires project team oversight or multidiscipline project engineering experience. Demonstrated experience in PLC based burner management and water treatment systems, balance of plant distributed control systems and/or gas turbine controls systems installation and controls tuning preferred. Computer proficiency required.
* The Control Systems Engineer will interface with several departments in Central Engineering; Design Engineering, Civil/ Mechanical Engineering, Field and Equipment Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Program Support, as well as the operating departments and service groups for the various Steam Operations power plants. The Control Systems Engineer will provide engineering support, modeling, studies, and project development for the stations by responding to Engineering Service Requests (ESRs), developing Project Scoping Documents, appropriation of capital projects , engineering and design of capital projects, construction specification preparation, providing construction support , developing functional test procedures and system descriptions, start-up and commissioning of projects, and performing project close-out responsibilities In addition, the Control Systems Engineer will provide routine support to Steam Operations in responding to Station events in troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and development of corrective actions. The Control Systems Engineer will address the controls for the water treatment systems, feed water systems, combustion controls, emissions controls, turbine and generator controls, and steam send out system controls for Steam Operations Power Plants. These controls consist of pneumatic, hydraulic, and electric actuators, microprocessor based control systems; PLCs, Distributed Control Systems, and relay based controls, motor controls, and the instrumentation associated with these control systems. In all aspects of the position, the Control Systems Engineer will ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations. Keep supervision informed on a timely basis of actual and/or anticipated problems of the assignments that are his/her responsibility. Periodically must be available 24 hours a day to consult with operating organizations on relay problems and resolve emergencies associated with relay protection systems. Perform other task and assignments as required.
* Prepares facility physical arrangements, engineering cost estimates, reviews physical schematics, and physical construction drawings.
* Prepares construction specifications, assists during construction.
* Prepares equipment and accessory purchase specifications; review and evaluates manufactures' proposals and drawings.
* Design control and instrument systems, process systems and equipment installations.
* Assists in preparation of operating, maintenance, and test procedures.
* Participates in preparation of budgets, appropriations, scoping documents, concept reviews, design field walks, cost reviews.
* Conduct and participates in field evaluation/analysis of field equipment or system misoperations, prepares failure analysis reports and other analyses as may be required.
* Assist user with ESR initiation, review and follow-up.
* Prepares test procedures.
* Provides technical assistance as required.
* Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
* Bachelor's Degree in either Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering And 2 years full time work experience, to include one year of power systems engineering or operations. Or
* Bachelor's Degree in applied science (Physics, Chemistry) PLUS a Masters of Engineering in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical engineering will be accepted And 2 years full time work experience, to include one year of power systems engineering or operations.
Required Work Experience
* ASSOCIATE ENGINEER A (1H): Requires 2 years full time work experience, which must include one year work experience in power systems engineering or operations. Req Or
* ENGINEER (2L): Requires 3 years work experience in any of the following areas: relay protection, power systems engineering or operations. Req Or
* SENIOR ENGINEER (2H): Requires 8 years of related engineering experience to include instrumentation and controls. Req Or
* Applicants with a Masters degree require 6 years applicable experience. Required
* Requires computer proficiency. Required
* Requires strong written and verbal communication skills Required
* Requires strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with personnel on all levels. Required
* Should be knowledgeable in basic engineering design and principles. Required
* Ability to write specifications and standards and coordinate engineering projects and assignments Preferred
* Requires the ability to work independently, providing oversight, direction and in a developmental role for the department.
Licenses & Certifications
* Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
* Must have a valid driver's license and travel within the service territory. Must be available for travel both regionally and continent-wide, to attend conferences, meetings, etc. as needed. Must be able to make field visits and wear the required PPE. Selected candidate must be capable of working in various indoor and outdoor conditions. Must be able to walk/climb/stand extensively. Must be able to participate in the company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required. Must be able to work in power plants and high voltage substations.
Technical Difficulty Statement
* For technical issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
* Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual's actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.
Con Edison, Inc.New YorkNY