Limitless Talent Solutions
Hawthorne , NY 10532
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are a recruiting agency recruiting top talent for Fortune 500 and high growth companies.
About the Role:
The Mechanical Engineer will be working on product development for capital medical equipment as part of a tight knit team. This team member will be involved in the full product design lifecycle from conceptualization and prototype, to detail design, component selection and production release. The role will work with internal teams as well as external vendors, providing continuous feedback on the development process and accepting feedback as well. The ideal candidate would have work experience being part of an engineering team building a medical device. We are a rapidly growing business with opportunity for the right candidate to continue advancing their role and responsibilities as the company matures.
What youll do: Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned by management.
- Design components for large equipment with end user in mind
- Design for electro-mechanical systems, plan for wire-routing and integration of electrical components into mechanical assemblies
- Brainstorm and implement design concepts to solve specific problems
- Ability to meet development milestones throughout the project
- Innovate existing products to improve user experience
- Generate models and drawings for parts and assemblies
- Perform design verification testing, unit tests, and generate test reports
- Model and perform simulation of design components, such as: dynamic system modeling, kinematic modeling, structural, and thermal analysis
- Design for Manufacturing and perform Engineering Change Notices to improve manufacturability and quality
- Communicate with vendors for prototyping and production
- Create test fixtures including instrumenting with data acquisition systems and programming
- Support production for work instruction creation, tooling, and process qualification
- Role may require some travel
Our Perfect Candidate Education and Experience:
- BSc. in Mechanical, Aerospace, Biomedical Engineering or in an equivalent area
- 4+ years of experience in the mechanical engineering field.
- Proven product design record with an emphasis on industrial design
- Design for manufacturing for sheet metal, plastics, additive manufacturing, and standard machining processes
- Competency in designing large, dynamic electromechanical systems and subcomponents
- Analytical problem solution skills, such as modeling and simulations
- Design for ergonomics and hospital settings
- Working with teams in multiple sites and external parties
- Working closely with sales and support customer relationships
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus