Athens , GA 30601
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Engineer – Bakery Handling
JOB DESCRIPTION: Our client is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to design packaging machinery. This position reports to the Mechanical Engineering Supervisor. Responsibilities include the following: designs and manufacture high-performance sanitary product handling systems, including conveyors, vision systems, robotics, distribution systems, automatic cartoner infeeds, shuttle and disk feeders, stackers, mergers, tray loaders, and slug loaders.
- Develop designs for machinery using and applying engineering principles, research data and customer machine specifications.
- Confer with engineering, project management, and sales personnel to clarify specifications, machine capabilities, resolve problems, review and develop designs.
- Refer to previous designs for possible modification to meet current project needs and customer specifications, and to standardize machine platforms.
- Complete mechanical engineering designs by calculating operational parameters such as speeds, gear ratios, drives, torques, velocities, etc.,
- Release parts for purchase and/or manufacturing.
- Identify and size commercial components according to calculations/theoretical requirements.
- Contact vendors regarding the availability and lead times of components required to assemble machine.
- Respond to questions from purchasing/manufacturing personnel and/or customers relative to machine performance and/or clarification of drawings.
- Perform and/or support field service for machine installations/field troubleshooting as needed.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by Mechanical Engineering Supervisor
- 2+ years’ experience in machine design. Packaging experience preferred.
- 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field.
- Must be fluent in use of SolidWorks and AutoCAD (2D).
- A general knowledge of product handling, machine capabilities and assembly principles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to travel 10% of the time.