This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We seek an experienced Mechanical Engineer (PE) or Senior Designer experienced in mechanical design of buildings and facilities to join our team. In this role, you will be involved in a variety of engineering tasks associated with the planning, analysis, and design of HVAC, plumbing, and piping systems for commercial office buildings, hospitals and medical buildings, K-12 schools and university facilities, municipal buildings, and more! You will be given ownership in the success of projects, will be a valued member of the design team, and will have the opportunity to further your technical experience through solving design challenges.
Responsibilities and Duties
Position duties may vary significantly from day to day but in general are likely to include:
- Collect and analyze technical data for design studies; prepare layouts and develop specifications; develop design proposals and drawings; and analyze and resolve design and production.
- Gather information, conduct studies, perform calculations, and prepare original schematic layouts and sketches to present design proposal.
- Make decisions regarding design suitability using knowledge of specified product materials, system types, and production process.
- Apply codes; identify alternatives allowed by code exceptions to devise engineering solutions to design challenges.
- Perform mathematical calculations using engineering formulas and analysis tools.
- Coordinate design criteria with architects, other engineering disciplines, and planning groups in accordance with contractual specifications.
- Become familiar with coordinating across a variety of building design disciplines, including mechanical, electrical, architectural, and structural.
- Identify and communicate changes to design and/or scope that may impact deadlines, workloads, or assignments of the project and project budget. Ensure that Project Manager/Project Lead is informed immediately of those changes.
- Represent the firm in a professional manner, enhancing client confidence and respect, and furthering relationships for the goal of repeat work or referrals. Clients should think of you highly enough to request you, specifically, for future work.
Qualifications and Skills
Our ideal candidate will have:
- At least a bachelors degree in an engineering discipline with 5-10 years of experience in a consulting engineering office designing mechanical systems for buildings.
- Washington State PE license or an ability to obtain one quickly.
- Strong proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit MEP.
- Project management and/or team leadership experience and a willingness to serve in such a role.
- Professional and thorough verbal and written communications abilities.
- Comfort working on multiple projects in various stages simultaneously.