Mechanical Engineer EIT
Portland , OR 97214
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Flux is currently searching for a Mechanical Engineer EIT for one of our clients located in Portland, OR. Our client is a global A/E-EPCM firm with more than 20 offices around the world and projects in more than 30 countries. Projects include program management services from site selection through design, construction, commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
Our client is seeking a Mechanical Engineer EIT., who will work with engineering teams of Architects and ME/EE-Engineers to design technical solutions to meet our client’s business needs. The successful candidate will work with other licensed engineers and experienced designers to design mechanical systems including water, chilled water, HVAC, wastewater, cooling towers/condensers, boiler/steam or hot water systems, compressed air, and other plumbing systems for custom, industrial applications for manufacturing, distribution, and other industrial and commercial facilities.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Mechanical Engineer on multi-discipline project teams.
- Design facility mechanical systems including water, chilled water, wastewater, HVAC, cooling towers/condensers, boiler/steam or hot water systems, compressed air, and other plumbing systems for custom, industrial applications.
- Knowledge/experience in refrigeration system design is a plus.
- Completion of engineering calculations and oversight of mechanical design using AutoCAD MEP. Revit experience or oversight is a plus.
- Interface with vendors to accomplish equipment sizing, hydronic piping system design and selection of mechanical equipment.
- Develop specifications, interface with on-site project teams.
- Inspect installations.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- E.I.T. License is required to seal engineering documents
- Minimum of 5 years of mechanical facilities design engineering experience demonstrating an ability to complete mechanical system analysis, sizing, design, and report writing.
- Able to perform as a Mechanical Engineer and execute mechanical design on multi-discipline projects
- Experience in the design of advanced technologies (semi-conductor) or Life sciences, facility/building mechanical systems including HVAC (inclusive of air handling units, chemical and laminar fume hoods, unit heaters/coolers, etc.), water, chilled water, wastewater, cold/warm rooms, clean rooms, cooling towers/condensers, boiler/steam/condensate systems, hot water and hydronic systems, compressed gases (air, O2, N2, CO2, etc.), waste/drain and other plumbing systems.
- Ability to interact with our valued team members and clients.
- Computer skills including AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Revit experience is a plus.
- BS Degree Mechanical Engineering from an ABET school required.
Flux Resources LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.