Mechanical Engineer Cabin Heating Systems
Montgomery , AL 36112
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Mechanical Engineer (ME) will directly support manufacturing activities related to the cabin heating systems product line. The candidate will also support this product family through product improvement and new product development efforts that will involve design, test, troubleshooting, and production readiness activities. The ME will be responsible for all facets of manufacturing support and new product design and development of various mechanical and electro-mechanical components associated with airborne cabin heating systems. Components include sheet metal structures, combustors, fuel pressurization, metering, regulation and control devices, fluid plumbing, electric forced air hardware, spark igniter components, electrical system sensing and control devices, and various types of small electric motors. The candidate will utilize Ansys CFD and combustion analysis tools to evaluate system performance. The candidate must be highly creative and capable of proposing inventive solutions to design, manufacturing and service related problems. The ME position will require a high degree of interaction with customers, suppliers, and other manufacturing team members which requires the candidate have effective written and verbal communication abilities. The candidate must be a team player and with a high degree of professionalism and self-motivation.
Key Expected Deliverables from the Position
- Support plant operations and customers by providing technical guidance and leadership to resolve product related issues.
- Design, develop, and manage through production launch improvement projects for components and associated systems in compliance with customer and/or regulatory guidelines.
- Manage and coordinate FAA certification efforts including DO-160 testing on new & existing products.
Candidates Typical Job Duties
- Create 3D component and assembly models and drawings which include:
- Injection Moldings
- Utilize FEA software tools to perform CFD, stress and modal analysis
- Assemble prototype hardware for laboratory and flight testing
- Develop FMEA, DFMEA and system safety assessments
- Troubleshoot cabin heating system hardware and/or systems to component level
- Review and disposition of MRB items
- Write technical test plans, test reports, engineering analysis reports and service documentation
- Operate laboratory test equipment
- Specify test and production support equipment
- Work with customers to resolve field issues
- Work with customers to develop new applications
BS Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering required; three years min experience with 3D modeling software; five years minimum experience in product engineering, support and design.
- Experience leading product support activities and program management
- Experience with the design and analysis of the mechanical systems and moderate understanding of electrical control systems and components
- Experience developing test plans for evaluation of product durability and performance
- Experience writing technical reports
- Experience troubleshooting mechanical/electromechanical systems
- Proficient Computer Skills MS Office, engineer graphics software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with FEA software for CFD and stress/modal analysis
- Familiarity with data acquisition and control systems
- Experience with aviation related products and the FAA regulatory system
- Experience with vehicle electrical system components
- Experience with sheet metal fabrication and welding processes
- Familiarity with ISO 9001, AS-9100 or similar quality management systems