Vx Group, Inc.
Los Angeles , Los Angeles County 90001
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Are you ready for the biggest challenge of your career? Is American-manufacturing in your blood? Can you seize opportunities and see a true diamond in the rough? We are searching for you.
Our client is an international manufacturer of mobile construction lifting equipment manufacturer and is looking for an Mechanical Designer using SolidWorks to be part of a dynamic engineering team reporting to the Manager -- Designer Center of Excellence in our Henderson NV facility.
You must have an in-depth understanding of mobile construction and/or industrial equipment use, service and expectations. Strong parametric solid modeling experience using SolidWorks, good written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills and the ability to prioritize under changing conditions.
Successful candidates must possess excellent design and drafting skills, a passion for manufacturing, strong and effective communication skills and the ability to think fast and turn problems into opportunities. Does this sound like you?
- Generate, evaluate, analysis and execute engineering designs to satisfy product, project goals/requirements
- Generation of drawings, Bills of Materials, Change requests and approvals
- Design execution of assigned direction regarding product changes, enhancements, and/or development
- Establishment and maintenance thereof of engineering documents including BOMs, drawings and change control
- Day to day involvement with engineering and other departments as needed to accomplish tasks
- Daily interaction with engineering PDM system
- Undertake new tasks or projects as determined by current business need/requirement.
Knowledge, skills & attributes preferred:
- Exhibit self-motivation, integrity, resilience, and flexibility to current and new situations, but always a team player with subordinates, peers, and/or management
- Must be results driven and have the ability to encourage and to speak up to people and teams to perform as needed
- Ability to construct individual part, component and sub-assembly/assembly drawing/specification documentation to meet goals/requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with immediate team, all participating inside and outside departments, supplier and customer base, as well as upper management
- Able to manage multiple projects in varying stages of process execution with knowledge, expertise and motivation to succeed.
- Knowledge of ASME Y14 Drawing Standards
- Minimum 3-5 years SolidWorks design experience in construction, agriculture and/or related industry products
- Demonstrated understanding of design, engineering documentation and release of technical documents
- Hands-on manufacturing and/or product assembly experience
- SolidWorks PDM experience a plus
- SolidWorks Advanced level
- SolidWorks CSWP preferred but not required
- Competitive pay
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
- Supplemental Insurance Options Available
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental handicap/disability, veteran status, sexual affectation or orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by applicable law.