American Medical Response
Mesa , AZ 85205
Posted 1 month ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
More Information about this Job
Job Title: Mechanic Intermediate
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provide preventive maintenance and repairs on AMR vehicles assigned. This is a second level position requires 2 years on the job experience as an automotive or truck mechanic experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Front Line Mechanic inspections and preventive maintenance on both diesel and gasoline vehicles as per policies and procedures. Performs mechanical and electrical repairs as per policies and procedures.
Responds to vehicle breakdowns in the field when requested. Assists other Mechanics as needed. Operates company vehicles in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
Completes all required paperwork neatly, correctly and on time. Uses maintenance data base to document all completed tasks / job assignments. Attend all mandatory Fleet training.
Performs all other duties as requested by Shop foreman or shop lead mechanic. Adhere to all company policies and procedures. Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone's responsibility.
It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Vehicles repaired and maintained correctly and in a timely fashion. Quickly respond, diagnose and repair vehicles during road call situations.
Maintain safe and clean work area. Paperwork complete and neat. Accurately account for all parts and materials.
Excellent customer service skills. Maintain good working relationship with all personnel and professional conduct with outside contacts.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a current valid driver's license. Must have a High school diploma, or equivalent education. 2 years verifiable Line Mechanic or Mechanic Helper / Associate experience. 2 ASE Certifications (Truck or Automotive series). Preferably Brake and Steering / Suspension. MACS AC Certification or equivalent ASE Certification. 2 consecutive satisfactory yearly performance appraisals.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Ability to employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas. Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions on memos, letters, various documents and repair manuals. Ability to perform the essential job functions.
Regular and predictable attendance. Basic automotive knowledge and skills necessary to perform maintenance and repairs on company vehicles. Must have a full set of personal tools.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled