Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
G&C Equipment Corp
Inglewood , CA 90301
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Under general supervision this position is responsible for performing the physical and/or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing and distribution of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of received goods. Checks goods against shipping documents, determines packaging requirements, builds special crating fixtures and braces, and packs goods for shipment. Prepares and maintains necessary documentation and files.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checks goods against shipping documents for accuracy and authorizations.
- Determines packaging requirements and builds special crating fixtures and braces. Packs goods for shipment in accordance with applicable specifications, equipment characteristics, transportation methods and routes. Verifies identification and quantity of products to be shipped.
- Prepares waybills, posting weight and shipping details. Stamps, stencils or attaches information and shipping instruction onto containers. Maintains inventory of cartons, tapes, foam and other packing materials.
- Receives and unpacks goods. Checks receipts against waybills, packing slips, etc. Verifies nomenclature, identification and quantity. Prepares discrepancy reports when needed.
- Maintains records of goods received. Processes damaged, excess or misdirected goods, routing material to inspection, stores or other destinations. Performs receipt data entry. Prepares required forms and records associated with the processing of international mail and special mailings, processes incoming and outgoing express, registered, certified and insured mail in accordance with procedures. Keeps current with shipping, receiving and/or postal procedures and regulations.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)