Responsible for the management and supervision of a small team of engineers, typically 2-5, aligned around the materials engineering discipline.
Accountable for task execution by the team, adherence to schedule, team capacity assessment and planning, and development/coaching of team members. Also, importantly, must be able to effectively work within cross-functional teams to impact the larger organization.
Lead execution, process improvement (CI) and rework reduction activities to ensure full efficient production capability as it relates to the materials lab
Provide planning leadership by setting materials and lab priorities for the team, based upon company goals, anticipated industry trends, and emerging technology.
Engage with other members of the greater Engineering team; leveraging best practices and assigned initiatives from the COPs
Participate in technical discussions with key customers and related program office ensuring products/processes developed meet the needs of our customers
Use Management Operating System tools to monitor team productivity, quality and cost-effective work
Lead implementation of new products/processes as they relate to the materials lab into the operational environment that effectively drive improvements in business metrics.
Coordinate manpower and other project requirements to ensure project completion within time and under budget
Provide accurate reports/presentations to management pertaining to results and impact of all projects. Process Optimization
Continually review and improve all processes related to the Material Engineering and Lab
Promote Operational Excellence through utilization of a robust problem-solving methodology, CPEX tools
Maintain a clean, organized work environment by enforcing and supporting 5S principles.
Adhere to and promote Corporate Code of Ethical Standards.
Ensure compliance with Company IPM/QPM and ISO-9001 quality requirements. Coaching/Mentoring
Ensure management compliance with MOS Principals.
Materials Engineering ManagerRequirements :
Minimum of 8 years experience in Aerospace or Industrial gas turbine engine materials engineering achieving progressively increasing responsibility and results.
BS Engineering minimum
Detailed knowledge of gas turbine design, manufacturing, or repair processes, as appropriate for the Materials engineering and lab team.
Must have a depth in microstructural characteristics of nickel and cobalt based alloys of SX, DS and equiax castings. Knowledge/familiarity of heat treat effects, coatings, forging materials, welding/joining technologies, and the various processing effects involved with manufacturing and repairing of gas turbine components (grit blast, peen, surface finish treatments, etc)
Must have a depth in laboratory methods (mount preparation, etchants, etc), equipment, and standard laboratory specification use and industry criteria.
Must have a network of consultation sources and research resources
Technical analysis, fact collecting and problem-resolution skills and methodologies a must
Capable of developing and monitoring project budgets, resource needs, and timelines
Establishes and communicates clear goals/objectives. Measures performance and ensures self and team meet commitments. Creates environment for team to hold one another accountable.
Encourages collaboration between functions; mentor and coach employees to make decisions with limited data
Engages across functions and sites to aggressively close high impact business initiatives. Seek broad understanding of enterprise impact of local decisions
Engages in two-way communication across functions to drive improvement, ensure accountability, and resolve cross functional challenges
Clearly communicates company vision and alignment of goals. Empower, influence, and enable diverse and inclusive teams Ability to link objectives with vision and clearly communicate the teams role. Understands what is important to employees and connects to personal motivation Additional Information Limitless Opportunities
VIEW JOBS10/1/2020 12:00:00 AM2020-12-30T00:00It's great being part of a culture where entrepreneurship and teamwork are not just buzzwords. If you love working with passionate people and desire the opportunity to grow, Floor & Decor is the place for you.
Responsible for achieving sales budgets and providing an exceptional shopping experience to every customer through established company guidelines concerning sales, customer service, and staff training and development.
* Drive, teach and adhere to the P's of retail to include but are not limited to People, Product, Price, Purchasing, Position, Presentation, Promotion and Pro Services
* Engage customers and provide a quality shopping experience, and ensure store associates provide quality customer service
* Strategically merchandize and utilize the company guidelines to outline merchandising practices.
* Ensure store presentation standards are achieved and maintained. Guarantee safety and security of customers and employees by following established guidelines and procedures regarding loss prevention and risk management.
* Assist the Chief Executive Merchant in supporting, modeling, and enhancing seamless customer service focus by creating an environment that is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and quick for customers and co-workers.
* Work as KCM or Manager on Duty as required
* Conduct weekly competitive shops.
* Communicate pricing and/or inventory issues to the senior team.
* Analyze and work all business reports in order to be in the best merchandising, in-stock and pricing position. Reports include but are not limited to the following:
Profit Los statements (P&L)
Category Performance Report (CPR)
Business Analysis Tool Report (BAT)
Store Purchase Order Analysis Report (STPOA)
Store Price Change Report (STPRC)
* Utilize computer and point of sale systems to maintain accurate inventory, cycle counts, and profit and loss management, including shipping and receiving of inventory.
* Ensure brand standards and operating standards meet or exceed expectations to support brand consistency.
* Interface with corporate headquarters employees.
* Ensure maximum scheduling coverage during peak traffic periods.
* Review and assess the performance of associates on a timely basis.
* Train, develop, supervise and define workload of store associates as appropriate.
* Monitor associate retention and career development, and communicate improvement efforts to Chief Executive Merchant.
* Address and document unsatisfactory performance and policy violations of associates through administration of disciplinary action and performance counseling.
* Ensure compliance to scheduling, hiring, payroll and business planning processes.
* Monitor, maintain and follow company policies; support company expectations and systems.
* Perform additional managerial duties as necessary.
* Assist the Chief Executive Merchant in handling store level human resources or loss prevention issues as necessary.
* Available to open and/or close the store in an effective manner.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
* Three to five years retail management experience and proven ability direct operations.
* Ability to perform in a high volume, highly complex location.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter.
* Demonstrated proficiency in recruiting, hiring, and training associates.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
* Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment in managing a fast-paced environment adapting to change with a sense of urgency.
* Demonstrated ability to increase the company's overall market share.
* Must possess excellent customer service skills and work well under pressure
WORKING CONDITIONS (TRAVEL, HOURS, ENVIRONMENT)
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to moderate.
Physical Work - Ability exert 30 - 60 pounds of force occasionally, and or 20-30 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
NOTE: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job change.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.
Floor & DecoreWest Palm BeachFL
VIEW JOBS10/20/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-01-18T00:00<p>The Assistant Project Manager works with the Project Team and our Field Management to construct a safe and quality project, while beating the estimate budgets, improving the total Operating Profit margin over the original bid, and building a strong customer relationship.</p><p>This position is responsible for subcontractor management, submittals, buyout, great client relations and cost estimation.</p><h3><br></h3><h3>Essential Duties and Responsibilities</h3><ul><ul><ul> <li>Complies with safety procedures/policies and addresses and/or elevates non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors, and vendors.</li> <li>Supports the Quality personnel and the project through the use of the Quality Management System.</li> <li>Develops various construction means and methods with the Superintendent and/or Project Manager to optimize safety, cost, equipment utilization, schedule efficiency, and communication with the client.</li> <li>Manages/reviews all foremen's reports daily to ensure all information is properly recorded before any income, cost, or inventory entry.</li> <li>Monitors material yields and modifies operations to minimize waste.</li> <li>Assists the buyout process, writes the requisition, and communicates all required information to the Project Team.</li> <li>Takes a site walk each day to monitor the project's progress and to remain fully aware of any developing issues.</li> <li>Assists the preparation of the 12 month cash flow schedule</li> <li>Reviews and understands the extra work billing format. Updates all budgets to incorporate owner change orders.</li> <li>Oversees subcontractors and holds the subcontractors accountable to their agreement. Attends the subcontractor coordination meetings to provide updates to schedules, drawings, and specifications.</li> <li>Produces and manages project submittals, shop drawings, and material certifications (submittal log or Expedition) so all are submitted and approved prior to the start of work.</li> <li>Actively participates in the development of the Four Week Look Ahead schedules with the Superintendents using basic logic to incorporate resources, submittals, approvals, lead times, restraints, and milestones.</li> <li>Participates in relevant daily huddles to ensure the projects are expeditiously and profitably constructed Establishes excellent working and professional relationships with the clients and their representatives and/or field inspectors.</li> <li>Participates in recruiting and interviewing candidates.</li> <li>Participates in Business Development activities to promote the company's brand and services.</li> </ul></ul></ul><p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><ul><ul> <ul> <li>Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field with 3 or more years of experience or equivalent</li> <li>Successfully led and managed projects or operations valued at $5 million or a series of projects or operations simultaneously with an aggregate value greater than $5 million</li> <li>Background in project start-up meetings, sub-contractor and vendor by-outs, owner estimates, sub / vendor requisitions and cost-to-completes</li> <li>Must have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills</li> <li>Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must</li> <li>Proactive and pragmatic thinker, is deliberate and decisive in making decisions</li> <li>Self-directed, organized and self-motivated to accomplish goals</li> <li>Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced challenging environment</li> <li>Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills</li> <li>Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, P3 Primavera, HCSS, JD Edwards and Expedition software</li> <li>Working knowledge of estimating, engineering, cost tracking systems and site surveying</li> <li>Working knowledge of Change Order Index</li> <li>Knowledge of NEC requirements and other industry standards, NABCEP certification preferred</li> <li>Must be open to travel or relocation</li> </ul> <p>*All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition of hire.</p> </ul></ul><p><br></p> <h3>About CS Energy</h3><p>Do you want to work in the exciting and rapidly growing renewable energy industry? Do you thrive in the dynamic and ambitious environment where you can see the impact of your work in real time? Are you ambitious and results oriented? If so, CS Energy is looking for you. CS Energy is a leading integrated energy company that designs and builds optimized projects in the solar, storage, and emerging energy industries for our customers across the United States. CS Energy is jointly owned by Ares Infrastructure and Power and The Conti Group. We are an extremely bankable company with over $350 million of bonding capacity, a strong balance sheet, and established banking relationships required to fund our operations. CS Energy has over 140 employees and are currently executing projects in all regions of the United States.</p><p>Ares Infrastructure and Power strategy seeks to provide flexible capital for cash-generating assets across the climate infrastructure, natural gas generation, and energy transportation sectors. Ares Infrastructure and Power leverages a broadly skilled and cohesive team of more than 25 investment professionals with deep domain experience and has deployed $8 billion of capital in over 140 investments and more than 200 different infrastructure and power assets and companies. Ares Management Corporation is a leading global alternative investment manager operating three integrated businesses across Credit, Private Equity and Real Estate. Ares Management’s investment groups collaborate to deliver innovative investment solutions and consistent and attractive investment returns for fund investors throughout market cycles. Ares Management’s global platform had $144 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2019 and employs approximately 1,200 employees in over 20 offices across four continents. Please visit <a href="https://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aresmgmt.com&esheet=52138470&newsitemid=20191203005305&lan=en-US&anchor=www.aresmgmt.com&index=2&md5=b55b5e36d4fefe3a938b0a743a7960b3" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener" class="external">www.aresmgmt.com</a> for additional information.</p><p>The Conti Group is a privately held group of companies spanning the construction, engineering, renewable energy, real estate, technology and biotech markets whose mission is to create positive impact and great value for customers, partners, employees, and society.</p><p>CS Energy is an equal opportunity employer.<br></p><p><strong>Benefits</strong></p><p>CS Energy has great benefits. We provide medical, dental and vision. Life insurance, 401(k) matching plan, EAP, wellness programs and many other optional programs are offered as well.</p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p><br></p>CS EnergyWest Palm BeachFL
VIEW JOBS10/9/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-01-07T00:00* Duties
You will serve as the PROGRAM MANAGER in the AUTEC PROGRAM MANAGEMENT OFFICE within the RANGES, ENGINEERING AND ANALYSIS DEPT of NAVUNSEAWARCENDIV NEWPORT RI.
This position is part of the Warfare Centers Personnel Demonstration Project. The ND-5 pay band encompasses positions equivalent to the GS-14 and GS-15.
Newport, RI: $101,585-$170,800
West Palm Beach, FL: $97,179-$170,800
Learn more about this agency
* You will serve as the Program Manager of the AUTEC Program Office responsible for the overall planning, direction and success of the Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center.
* You will represent the AUTEC program and defend NUWC's position, influence resource allocations, and/or effect major change to programmatic goals and milestones.
* You will ensure customer objectives are met in support of all major undersea warfare acquisition programs and fleet readiness.
* You will apply a broad knowledge of Navy operational requirements, range operations capabilities and safety issues associated with submarine and subsurface platform operations.
* You will provides overall oversight and monitoring of the execution of the AUTEC Services Contract with emphasis on Information Assurance (IA)/Information Technology (IT).
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
* Job family (Series)
0830 Mechanical Engineering
0854 Computer Engineering
0855 Electronics Engineering
1550 Computer Science
Conditions of Employment
* Must be a US Citizen.
* Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
* Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
* New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
* Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
* This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
* You will be required to complete ethics orientation within three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
* This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). You must be certified as a Career Field SYSTEMS ENGINEERING Level III. Certification is required within 24 months of appointment.
* The 1550 position only is designated as a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce position. You must obtain and maintain the credentials as described in SECNAV M-5239.2 for specialty area 801-32-67 within 6 months of appointment.
* You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level ND-04 (GS-12/13) or pay band in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector as a professional Engineer or Scientist managingscience and technology, test and evaluation, or Fleet Readiness assessments for the development of Naval or DoD systems or technologies.
Professional Engineering Series, 08XX:
Processional Physics Series, 1310:
Professional Computer Science Series, 1550:
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Applicants must meet the following basic education requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Manual:
Professional Engineering Series, 08XX:
Successful completion of a professional engineering degree. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor's degree (or higher) in a school of engineering with at least one program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET); or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position.
Current registration as an Engineer Intern (EI), Engineer in Training (EIT), or licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico. Absent other means of qualifying under this standard, those applicants who achieved such registration by means other than written test (e.g., State grandfather or eminence provisions) are eligible only for positions that are within or closely related to the specialty field of their registration For more information about EI and EIT registration requirements, please visit the National Society of Professional Engineers website at: http://www.nspe.org
Evidence of having successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination or any other written test required for professional registration by an engineering licensure board in the various States, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico The FE examination is not administered by the U. S. Office of Personnel Management. For more information, please visit: http://www.nspe.org/Licensure/HowtoGetLicensed/index.html.
Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and in engineering that included the courses specified in the basic requirements under paragraph A (above). The courses must be fully acceptable toward meeting the requirements of an engineering program as described in paragraph A (above)
Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree in an appropriate scientific field, e.g., engineering technology, physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a bachelor's degree in engineering, provided the applicant has had at least one year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. Ordinarily, there should be either an established plan of intensive training to develop professional engineering competence, or several years of prior professional engineering-type experience, e.g., in interdisciplinary positions.
Processional Physics Series, 1310:
Degree: physics; or related degree that included at least 24 semester hours in physics.
Combination of education and experience -- courses equivalent to a major in physics totaling at least 24 semester hours, plus appropriate experience or additional education
Courses must have included a fundamental course in general physics and, in addition, courses in any two of the following: electricity and magnetism, heat, light, mechanics, modern physics, and sound.
Professional Computer Science Series, 1550:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or bachelor's degree with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. All academic degrees and course work must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions.
Department Of DefenseWest Palm BeachFL