Master QC Technician - Home Entertainment Mastering (Swing Shift)
Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC
Culver City , CA 90231
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Mastering QC Operator
Pixelogic Media is searching for a Mastering QC Operator to work in Burbank, CA. or Culver City, CA.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Solid understanding of a wide variety of film, video and audio impairments and their underlying causes.
- Extensive experience with all SD and HD formats and timecode 2K, UHD and 4K and HDR-10 and Dolby Vision experience a huge plus.
- Extensive experience with any and all file-based workflows (including, but not limited to Tiff, DPX, J2K, ProRes, IMF packages).
- Experience with ColorFront Transkoder & DaVinci Resolve for QC playback
- Abilitiy to read and understand MaxFaLL and MaxCLL HDR reports.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to think in a logical and organized manner and work efficiently under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Mastering QC Operator responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Set up playback devices, QC bays and monitors/ scopes according to established specifications.
- Verify correct format, aspect ratio, audio configuration and file metadata based on client specifications and previous title history.
- Take accurate line count and video/ audio measurements using industry standard waveform scopes and audio meters.
- Perform thorough mastering level quality control inspection noting any and all audio/ video impairments and anomalies.
- Pixelogic QC reports are consistent and accurate across all previous versions of a given title, which may require tracking new anomalies back to original sources and other aspect ratios/ formats.
- Troubleshoot any technical issues with playback of assigned jobs.
- Provide additional information regarding a particular job or specific anomaly as needed.
- May be required to perform other duties as needed (including, but not limited to: file transmission and data management, training other operators, client review sessions, etc.)
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years' experience as a Mastering Quality Control operator, working in a professional Post Production facility or studio.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- Position is full-time, (day shift, swing shift, graveyard shift) 40 hours a week, with overtime as needed.