Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Impakt Group Of Companies
Burlingame , CA 94010
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Master Scheduler is responsible for delivering results as a key member of the Operation, representing the customer's best interests, and assuring requirements are established and planned for customer satisfaction. The Master Scheduler ensures effectiveness and efficiency of material and capacity planning through establishing, reviewing and maintaining a master production schedule for assigned items.
Essential Functions/Job Responsibilities
- Draws up master production schedule to meet customer requirements according to sales forecasts and/or customer orders utilizing the scheduling function within the ERP system.
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Efficiently schedule production to maximize throughput, use of labor, minimize changeovers and waste, and to allow for preventative maintenance and sanitation.
- Constructs master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Convert weekly plan into daily line assignment schedules that manage constraints of manpower, equipment and optimize costs.
- Communicate production requirements to various departments.
- Interact effectively with vendors and production management in problem resolution, performance evaluation, and identification of improvement opportunities.
- Work closely with the Production management for all scheduling activities.
- Lead weekly production scheduling meetings with cross functional team members.
- Collaborates with team members or department supervisors to resolve constraints or delays of assigned products or components.
- Leads, and participates in problem solving events and continuous improvements projects to improve process effectiveness, efficiency and performance.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions or constraints.
- Communicates updated availability information to Sales and other stakeholder groups.
- Identifies and documents risks and countermeasures with mitigation plans.
- Plan production orders based on Sales Orders, Forecast and Safety Stock while maximizing equipment capacity in relation to available capacity and order demand.
- Act as liaison between Plant Production and Sales/Customer Service.
- Sequence process orders balance Customer Service and Cost based on Customer priority, production (manpower and capacity) and material constraints (availability) as well as scheduling characteristics (new product introduction, expedites, complex orders, etc.)
- Develop and distribute daily production schedules to key process areas.
- Revise production schedules when required due to sales order changes, material shortages, and capacity constraints while collaborating with plant management personnel.
- Monitor workflow and schedule plant production lines to reduce downtime, changeovers, and hours worked.
- Review suggested methods and processes and recommend improvements for production planning to improve resource utilization.
Qualification and Skills
- BS/BA degree preferred and ten (10) or more years of experience in Manufacturing Planning, Master Scheduling. AS degree and combination of experience considered.
- Experience in managing a team of people and/or influence management of others.
- Epicor system experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Continuous Improvements, Six Sigma, Lean certification a plus.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Outlook.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Strong data analysis, problem solving skills and mathematical ability.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- 10 + years of full-time, part-time, or internship experience in production scheduling in a manufacturing environment.
- Machining and contract manufacturing experience.
- Experience in precision metal fabrication, industrial products, machined assemblies a plus.
- Experience working with complex ERP or MRP systems.
- Knowledge of product manufacturing process.
- APICS certification or related professional training preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include days, afternoons, nights, and overtime.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
401k with match