Thousand Oaks , CA 91360
Posted 2 months ago
The Marketing Specialist will support Marketing Managers in the development and implementation of marketing plans and programs within specified budget and deadlines. The Marketing Specialist will manage a small product portfolio and will also serve as a lead on department projects.
In addition, the Marketing Specialist will execute email campaigns, advertisements, collateral, brochures, webinars, sales support needs, the website, and social media with minimal direction. The position requires a minimum 2 years marketing or other relevant job experience. This job requires excellent organization and planning skills, the ability to prioritize between multiple tasks, a strong proficiency in written and verbal communication, attention to detail and the aptitude for proactive action when needs arise.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
The job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Development and Implementation of Marketing Plans
- Support Marketing Managers' creation and implementation of strategic multi-channel sales and marketing plans as directed in a timely and responsive manner. Create marketing plans for assigned products with Marketing Manager guidance.
Communicate with and support authors with flyers, scheduling calls, social media, etc. Conduct market research to identify key associations, publications, ad opportunities, etc. to support marketing planning. Complete ad hoc projects as identified by Marketing Managers. Help manage our associations, through creation of landing pages, tracking promo codes, and sending check requests as needed.
Campaigns, Website, Blog, and Social Media
- Create digital ads, email campaigns, social media campaigns, and direct mail with guidance from the Marketing Manager. Track and report on campaign successes.
Facilitate execution on changes to website Coordinate with editorial to create bundled products and update pricing. Write headlines and short form copy for campaigns as needed. Create landing pages as needed. Assist in monitoring social media accounts and ensure your team's social media initiatives are carried out appropriately.
Product, Market, and Process Knowledge
- Continually develop Education product, market, and competitor knowledge through attending conferences, as well as through editorial, author, and customer communication. Serve as a lead on departmental projects, such as serving as liason with other departments on key initiatives. Attend biweekly content strategy meetings and advise on your products, with Marketing Manager direction.
Conference Attendance Travel to conferences on behalf of Corwin, participate in pre-conference planning, support in-booth activities Conduct effective and professional conversations on key Corwin products, programs, and initiatives. Assist with planning and executing conference, including book setup and teardown, in-booth collateral and other materials, special events both in and outside of the exhibit hall such as coordinating author signings in the booth and planning/hosting an author dinner..
- Act as representative of the company when dealing with potential or existing customers and authors. When communicating with customers and authors, take appropriate actions to ensure they have a positive experience with, and image of, the company. Manage the CorwinPress, Info email inbox.
Qualifications & Education
Any combination equivalent to, but not limited to, the following:
- Bachelor's degree required in Marketing or a related field Two years marketing, sales, or related job experience Experience in Education a plus Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs Microsoft Teams experience a plus Excellent written and oral communication skills Superior planning and org