Washington , DC 20002
Posted 7 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Who We Are
We are a team of agency veterans, startup nerds, former political operatives, and craigslist enthusiasts. Our people are trusted by the biggest brands in the world to turn their message into an experience. We have worked with tech giants, major non-profits, issue/advocacy campaigns and national media outlets. Our team works hard and smart. We care about each other and our clients. A growing agency can only succeed if potential clients and partners know our story, which is why we need talented people like you to help us continue to grow.
What's the Job?
As Marketing Director you will be responsible for the external communication and marketing efforts of the Advoc8 brand. You will lead the evaluation and development of marketing strategies, plan and coordinate the wider teams efforts, communicate marketing plans to leadership, and build awareness of our growing agency to drive growth. The Marketing Director will also work closely with our Business Development Team in our go-to-market efforts.
What Youll Do:
- Engage collaboratively with management, creative, business development, and production to put our teams best foot forward.
- Develop and implement a systematic content production effort across high-leverage channels; from owned blogs to award submissions to partnered content.
- Oversee the operation of a companys website, email marketing, social, and yet-to-be-created channels; setting audience & engagement targets and meeting them.
- Steward the development of corporate identity initiatives, and lead all research projects on customers and service offerings.
- Engage and develop advantageous partnerships to drive growth and market position of our work.
- Work with the business development team to build the brand affinity of our prospective clients.
- Develop marketing budgets and manage agency partners, consultants, freelancers and other suppliers, including contract negotiation.
- Maintain a keen awareness of competitors' messaging, services, pricing, etc to provide leadership with timely and insightful analysis on competitive threats and market opportunities.
- Potential to lead and manage a future marketing team; including hiring, training, workloads, schedules and objectives.
- Tackle other projects to contribute to a dynamic and growing team.
- Work with leadership to shape and execute growth strategy of the firm.
- You have experience owning multi-channel marketing efforts.
- You have a background in marketing a service-based company, preferably a creative one.
- You have proven success leading integrated marketing campaigns in dynamic environments.
- You are comfortable operating in both the thick of a project as well as stepping back to see the forest for the trees.
- You are energized by improving the status quo, by completing a job well done, and are eager to roll up your sleeves and tackle problems head-on.
- You consider yourself a strong systems thinker and are skilled at navigating complex problems.
- You have experience laying the foundation for scale, preferably success in driving rapid growth.
- You are a highly-motivated self-starter who manages time effectively and are capable of ruthlessly prioritizing competing priorities.
- You have the technical competencies to succeed in marketing in a modern workplace.
- Collaborative and creative work environment.
- Competitive base salaries with team-based bonuses
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance for all employees
- Commuter benefits
- Free food. Stocked fridge, tons of coffee, weekly team lunches and dogs
- Unlimited vacation policy with approval
Advoc8 is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.