Marketing And Communications Director
World Science Festival
New York , NY 10007
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The World Science Festival is hiring a Marketing and Communications Director for its New York City office.
The Marketing and Communications Director is responsible for expanding the World Science Festival through the development and execution of an effective brand, digital and live event marketing strategies. Beginning with an understanding of what the brands are and where we want them to be, the Marketing and Communications Director charts the path for how we get there. He/she is responsible for identifying and forging relationships and partnerships to help us achieve our goals, and for growing our presence locally and internationally, fostering a steady flow of inbound opportunities.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the creation and execution of an integrated, cross-platform marketing strategy that reaches new audiences, and builds sponsorship opportunities and donor development.
- With the digital team, oversee the creation of digital content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action, including website content oversight, social media marketing, image distribution, with the goal of driving online traffic to WSF website and social media channels.
- Manage outward-facing identity, including overseeing materials that showcase the organization to the general public, the press, potential sponsors and other constituencies.
- Oversee all aspects of digital campaign strategies, digital branding, and social media plans.
- Oversee and manage branding guidelines, including guideline adherence by WSF local and international partners.
- Collaborate with the creative team on campaign visuals and messaging.
- Represent World Science Festival at external events including annual Gala, a combination of the best in science and the arts.
- Develop and manage media partnerships and activation that expand reach and mission.
- Develop and deliver campaign recaps, brand reporting with recommendations for future execution.
- Analyze and make recommendations for potential strategic partner relationships.
- Recruit and manage small internal and external marketing and communications team
- Develop targeted presentations for integrated corporate sponsorships.
- Create and execute campaign strategies, including digital and social media plans.
- With Finance Director, create and oversee the marketing budget for the annual World Science Festival and other World Science Festival events.
- Oversee the production of all Festival publications including program guides, calendars, direct and email marketing.
- Work with Audience Services Director and General Manager on ticketing services and analyze ticket sales patterns to determine and/or change the course of campaign strategies and tactics.
- Work with external press team to best exploit the WSF’s media relations outreach.
- Oversee media buying plan, including print, digital, radio and outdoor.
- Lead on-site executions at the annual Festival and other events in conjunction with press, development and production and operations teams.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications or another related field of study.
- Minimum 6 years post-collegiate experience in marketing and advertising, preferably with some background in live events.
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices in digital marketing including influencer and specialist marketing.
- Experience in running a team that supports sponsorship or sales.
- Expert understanding of the philosophy and practice of brand-building.
- Background investigating, articulating, and expressing brand propositions succinctly and effectively.
- Experience providing consumer insights to inform marketing plans.
- General understanding of science, the arts, and the cultural institutions that support them.
- Experience managing budgets, hiring, training and supervising personnel.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities while meeting deadlines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. The World Science Festival Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer.