Marketing And Communications Coordinator
New York , NY 10012
Posted 2 months ago
Ziva Meditation is on a mission to make meditation accessible, entertaining and easy to adopt into your busy life. Our flagship studio is in the heart of SoHo in NYC. We have over 10,000 students around the world who have learned either in person or via our online course.
Ziva is growing rapidly. We are looking for someone who is energized by our mission and willing to seek out and learn new skills in order to keep up with all we are accomplishing. The Ziva company culture is adaptive, compassionate, and exciting but also requires a high level of personal accountability, work ethic and passion. We believe if you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. And this team is going places.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for creating new content, managing social media platforms, managing online and in person communities, helping to manage and grow partner and affiliate relationships, building brand recognition and helping to increase sales/revenue. This role will also support the Head of Marketing, Liz Korfmacher.
Ziva offers ongoing opportunities to develop professionally and personally. We have stellar advisors and you are encouraged to attend trainings and conferences to help you perform at the top of your game. You will have the opportunity to learn digital advertising, affiliate marketing, book launch strategy, email marketing, customer journeys and much more. Prior experience in any of these areas is a big bonus.
This role will have the opportunity to take part in:
- A major, national book launch
- Video and photo shoots
- Influencer relationship building
- Live events
- Community building
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who not only brings exceptional writing, marketing, and community management skills, but is equally energized to create impeccable visuals and innovate, share ideas, and develop new strategies in a demanding start-up environment.
This is a role for a hyper-organized, proactive and enthusiastic marketing professional who works well individually and as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-volume company with multiple priorities and deadlines. This is not a typical 9-to-5 office job we are looking for someone with professional experience working in an office, but self-motivated enough to be comfortable working remotely.
This position requires a 3-month Trial Period to ensure that you and the company are 100% certain that this is the right fit before committing to a permanent decision. A majority of candidates who complete their Trial Period are subsequently hired as permanent members of the team. This position reports to the Head of Marketing and is approximately 50% remote and 50% in person at the studio or at events.
- Support the Head of Marketing on upcoming national book launch
- Create, oversee and manage organic social media strategy including visual design (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube + more)
- Manage Zivas online Facebook group communities with enthusiasm and compassion
- Cultivate, strengthen and grow influencer relationships
- Manage affiliate relationship communications
- Write and create organic content weekly (blog posts, social media posts, graphics, etc.)
- Write articles about Ziva and The Ziva Technique, have them placed in external publications
- Lead production (including tech setup and breakdown) for video and Facebook Live shoots
- Manage Zivas content calendar (blog, email, social schedules)
- Some customer service interface with Ziva students, both in person and via email/private Facebook communities, and help them on their meditation journey
This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground level of a rapidly growing company with inspiring values and a real focus on the benefit of others. We care deeply about the work that we do and each other. We are hyper-dedicated, and are ready to do whatever it takes.
- 2+ years professional work experience
- Proven track record cultivating influencer relationships
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated graphic design experience
- Passion for and experience managing organic social media (specifically Instagram)
- Desire to interact and connect with Zivas in person and online communities
- Impeccable eye for visual style and branding
- Desire to learn on the job and seek professional development
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, very organized and able to prioritize relentlessly
- Must be in NYC area (must be w/in 45 mins of SoHo studio), able to come in a few times per week
- Flexible schedule role requires some evening/weekend work, particularly for social media and live events
Nice to Have
- Some technical experience with video (setting up and breaking down shoots)
- Experience managing digital advertising on Facebook/Instagram, Google
- Photography skills with iPhone and/or DLSR. Basic photo editing skills.
- Experience using a CRM (especially Infusionsoft)
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of setting up and systematizing campaigns across marketing platforms, including content marketing, paid advertising, email, and various social media channels
- Health benefits. Full health benefits offered including vision and dental.
- zivaLIVE Scholarship. As a member of the Ziva staff, you will receive a full scholarship to the zivaLIVE course valued at $1200.
- Work Remotely. This position offers a good deal of flexibility. You may work remotely when not required to be in the studio or at events (about 50/50).
- Professional Development. Ziva encourages employees to seek out professional development opportunities such as conferences, workshops, and other courses and often covers or shares associated costs.
- Funds for Self Care. At Ziva, we believe that resting is an action, and self-care is an important way to recharge in order to show up as your best self for work each day. Team members receive up to $500 per year for services related to self-care such as massages, acupuncture, ayurveda or other therapeutic services.
- Complimentary Ziva Courses. Team members can participate in an unlimited number of Zivas courses.