Mariadb Database Administrator
Greenzone Solutions, Inc.
Washington , DC 20001
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
GreenZone Solutions, Inc. is seeking a Database Administrator with MariaDB experience who will support our federal clients data programs through engineering and administration of the clients databases. The customer is looking for a Sr DBA to help define and implement improvements around their DBA processes, data migrations and assist in future deployments into AWS. This is a proposal opportunity.
- Manages and maintains all production and non-production databases across multiple complex MySQL/MariaDB DBMS implementations.
- Sets standards and is responsible for design, creation, and monitoring of physical data storage, maintenance, access requests and security administration.
- Actively monitors existing databases to determine appropriate preventive actions to ensure high availability and optimal performance. Understands the business drivers for multiple business units and ensures the database platform is appropriate to the business use.
- Researches new technology and develops business cases to support enteric-wide database solutions.
- Develop, manage and test database back-up and recovery plans for complex initiatives.
- Install new applications and customize existing applications to be fit for purpose.
- Recommend the appropriate database platform for the business use. Proactively monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Apply company policies and procedures to resolve complex issues.
- In depth knowledge of database concepts, designs, and architectures within multiple technologies.
- Bachelors degree with concentration in Business, IT, Engineering, or other related field
- 5 or more years of experience working in a DBA capacity
- Expert knowledge of MariaDB/MySQL and surrounding tools
- Experience in database migration and AWS cloud architecture and migrations
- Ability to develop and generate data models and DDL
- Experience working with at least one other database such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, and Sybase
- Knowledge of NIST, FISMA, and other federal security directives
- Ability to provide off-hours support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder
At GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees.