Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Manufacturing/Machine Operator - 3Rd Shift
Shin-Etsu Silicones Of America
Akron , OH 44305
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
- Must be willing and able to accept a temp to perm opportunity.
- 12-hour night shift (6pm-6am).
- Must be able to work the 12-hour shift alternating 3 day and 4 day weeks.
- Some occasioanl mandatory overtime on scheduled off days.
- Measure all raw, in process, and finished materials in an accurate manner. Record weights neatly and accurately.
- Use all production equipment and hand tools in a safe and proper manner. All safety procedures should be explicitly followed and any hazards should be brought to the team leads attention immediately.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion. Clean all production equipment and work areas adjacent to equipment between batches and at end of the shift. Move all scrap, empty containers, and production waste to the proper disposal area. Maintain and clean tools or other aids and store in the proper location.
- Follow all mix instructions explicitly and sign off on each instruction according to standard procedure.
- Make recommendations for changes/improvements to ISO-9000 work procedures as needed.
- Maintain good communication with oncoming shift.
- Use maintenance work order system to communicate any repairs needed to equipment or to resolve an unsafe situation.
- Follow safety procedures explicitly in all aspects of the operation.
- Perform other duties requested by supervisor.
Education & Experience: High school diploma or GED preferred. 3-5 years experience in a production environment in position requiring weights, measurements, and close attention to detail preferred.
Technical: Must have the ability to read and interpret written instructions.
Communications: Must have the ability to take directions and to carry out instructions from the supervisor in an orderly and efficient manner. Must be able to function as a team member in a closely knit group.
Work Style: Must be able to work independently and be a self-starter. Must have moderate problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Must be capable of identifying potential problem areas. Must maintain all daily functions accurately and on time. Must be punctual and have proven attendance and safety records.
This position operates in an inside manufacturing facility routinely operating equipment that may include: dough mixers, reactors. The position can be exposed high and low temperatures and noises.
- Lifts up to 50 pounds regularly
- In contact with silicone rubber, powders, fluids
- Stands up to 12 hours/day performing detailed work
- Performs repetitive hand and arm motions
- Performs twisting, bending, stooping motions
- Works in confined spaces
- Forces 55 gallon drums with dolly
- Lifts up to 75 pounds occasionally