Manufacturing Test Engineer
Billerica , MA
Posted 3 weeks ago
As a Manufacturing Test Engineer for Electrical Engineering, you will support and execute production test plans with the design engineering team. Assist in performing and verifying systems-level integration/tests for the contract manufacturer. This position will support the deployment of products, building fixtures, and test processes by interfacing with our global supply chain and contract manufacturers.
Due to the fast-paced nature of the organization, the right candidate will possess the ability to work on many projects simultaneously, design and execute tests, implement learnings and process change as appropriate and adapt easily to changes. This position requires a motivated and enthusiastic individual who cares deeply about their own and their teams work and can execute responsibilities with little supervision.
What Will You Do?
- Support and validate test plans with the design engineering team before they get deployed to production.
- Support deployment of products, building fixtures, and test processes by interfacing with our global supply chain and contract manufacturers.
- Execute performance level testing to generate hardware and system performance metrics.
- Review the hardware and software design of such test fixtures (mechanical and electrical).
- Document and analyze system, hardware, and software during production tests.
- Document testbed configurations and identify test equipment needs at the production site.
- Working knowledge of DFM/DFT.
- Specify, document, and manage PCBA Functional Test and ICT with a contract manufacturer.
- Software Release Testing, verification, and regression testing of bot firmware and diagnostics.
- Research, evaluate, benchmark, and recommend new technologies related to testing.
- Utilize Alert Innovations business systems to control bill of materials, manage engineering change orders, and interface to our supply chain process.
What Are We Looking For?
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering and 5+ years of related test development experience with high volume manufacturing.
- Experienced with lab equipment, hands-on building tools, test setups, etc.
- At least 5 years of experience with high-volume manufacturing test deployment testing, both SW and HW.
- Experience working with lab tools such as DMMs, DAQ, oscilloscopes, power sources/loads, power meters, relays.
- Experience with PCBA Functional Test and ICT.
- Familiar with common types of sensors, motors, and other automation components and an understanding of how they work, and common failure modes.
- Able to read schematics, electrical, and controls diagrams.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, ability to follow technical instructions, and ability to assemble or test complex assemblies.
- Good hands-on debugging skills.
- Experience with putting together thorough and detailed test documentation and instructions.
- Highly organized with strong interpersonal, and communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Capable of working independently and cooperatively with internal departments, contract manufacturers and external suppliers to develop and deliver solutions.
- Energized, passionate, and a problem solver who can set goals and priorities with a personal commitment to delivering quality results.
- Self-motivating and capable of working without direction or supervision to achieve team goals. Willing to travel 10% (global).
- Experienced reviewing tests for digital electronic designs with hardware and software functions preferred.
- Experienced in code and schematic reviews preferred.
- Experience using Agile and similar tools for bug tracking preferred.
- Experienced user of Linux systems (Command line navigation, basic scripting capabilities, etc.) preferred.
- Python programming experience preferred.
- Lab View/test stand experience preferred.
- Familiarity with sensing and actuation technologies preferred.
- Working knowledge of device communications busses (CANopen, I2C, SPI, Serial), and experience with motor control preferred.
- Possess the additional skills of business acumen, basic team facilitation, assignment flexibility, independent thinking, and responsibility for execution preferred.
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: Treat others as you would want to be treated.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team creates performance synergy, whereby the capacity to perform as the team is much greater than the sum of the individual members capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
What Do We Offer?
Alert Innovation offers a highly competitive salary for each job family and level within the Boston-area market in which we are based.
Every employee is granted stock options that vest over four years.
Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package starting on your first date of employment:
- No fixed limits on the number of workdays that you can take off for personal reasons, including vacations. You take what you need keeping in mind the demands of your teams workload.
- 9 Paid Holidays.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K + company match.
- Tuition & work-related training reimbursement programs.
- Employee Assistance Program to assist with emotional health, parenting, eldercare, nutrition, legal and financial consultation needs.
The above list is only a summary of some of our benefits and is not meant to be a comprehensive explanation. To hear more, please visit: https://www.alertinnovation.com/boston-robotics-jobs/
Alert Innovation offers a safe work environment for its employees and partners. All employees, contractors, interns, and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated. Additional COVID precautions, such as wearing face masks, hand washing, and hand sanitizing are also common practice in all Alert Innovation facilities. We are a flexible work environment and offer on-site and hybrid work schedules based on team requirements.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.