Manufacturing Team Manager
Columbus , IN 47202
Posted 4 months ago
ManufacturingShop Operations Team Manager
Cummins is aplace big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world'sleading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find yourfit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who aredeveloping their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn moreabout this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Our CumminsPower Generation Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products toour global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high techsolutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to ownyour career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity ofindividuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is anexciting opportunity in Seymour, IN for a Manufacturing Shop Operations TeamManager. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading projects.
Your impactwill happen in these and other ways:
Manages, develops, and leads the daily activities of multiple production teams
Responsible for the daily activities of multiple production teams including managing team members, housekeeping, and meeting production targets
Work cross functionally to improve safety, productivity, quality and efficiency of operations
Provides guidance and feedback for team members in accomplishing tasks and goals; sets expectations and clarifies responsibilities
Coaches and mentors team members
Identifies training needs; develops and implements training plans.
Skills and Experience Required:
Team Based Work systems
- ProductionStructure utilizing consensus decision making process to balance customer,individual and business needs. Understands the team work system at the alllevels.
Able to initiate change in overall team design for optimal performanceand to accommodate changing business environments. Leverages knowledge of theteam work system to complete complex projects by effectively drawing upon theskills/assets of those best suited for the task.
Labor And Employee Relations
- Labor and Employee Relations is a broad fieldencompassing all interchanges between employers and employees. Possesses aworking knowledge of serving as an employee advocate.
Understands the impact ofemployee relations on unionization, employee absenteeism and turnover, thepotential for litigation, and credibility between management and employees.Implements programs and tools that influence the organizational culture andensure fairness and consistent treatment of employees, consistent feedbackmechanisms and communication programs such as surveys, skip level interviews,employee participation committees, and communication meetings. Has taken partin problem solving procedures, counseling for issues, and management andsupervisor training.
Fosters Open Communication
- Creates an atmosphere in which timely and highquality information flows smoothly between self and others; encourages the openexpression of ideas and opinions. Demonstrated results indicating deepknowledge of fostering open communication.
Expresses reactions and opinionswithout intimidating others. Actively encourages others to express their honestviews, even contrary ones and listens actively to all viewpoints. Encouragesothers to share information in an organized and effective manner.
Conductsperiodic department or division wide informational meetings. Developsprocesses, plans, and schedules to provide relevant information and obtainfeedback from the organization.
- Assigns responsibilities; delegates to and empowers others;removes obstacles; allows for and contributes needed resources; coordinateswork efforts when necessary; monitors progress. Demonstrated results indicatingdeep knowledge of managing execution.
Coordinates performance across regions,teams, and departments on complex projects and work flows. Applies a broadrange of planning and monitoring tools. Defines planning and review practicesthat result in few missed milestones and minimal surprises.
Effectivelydelegates to ensure completion of complex projects and work. Monitors progressof others and redirects efforts when goals change or are not met. Measureseffectiveness of execution through defined metrics and disciplined monitoring
- Encourages and empowers others to achieve; establisheschallenging performance standards; creates enthusiasm, a feeling of investment,and a desire to excel. Demonstrated results indicating deep knowledge ofmotivating others.
Establishes challenging performance standards andcommunicates them in a way that creates buy-in. Demonstrates considerable skillin motivating people when they lack confidence. Developed a reputation forcreating a positive and productive work environment while focusing onbottom-line results.
Emergency Management And Response
- An emergency is any unplanned event thatcan cause deaths or significant injuries to employees, customers or the public.An emergency can also be an event that can shut down business, disruptoperations, threaten the facility's financial standing or public image, orcause physical or environmental damage. Emergency management is the process ofpreparing for, mitigating, responding to, and recovering from an emergency.Minimum elements for consideration in an emergency management system are:direction and control, communications (internal and external), life safety,property protection, community outreach, recovery and restoration, administrationand logistics, emergency response team, and strategic emergency managementcommittee.
Understanding of emergency response includes knowledge of incidentcommand systems, development of a written response plan, protective equipment,emergency action plans, escape procedures, reporting procedures, and hazardassessment. Understands and applies techniques related to incident commandsystems, protective equipment, escape procedures, reporting procedures, andhazard assessment.
- The method of reporting the occurrence of anoccupational injury/illness, near hit, or property damage. Incidentinvestigations determine how and why these failures occur.
Employees should beable to perform a thorough, effective incident investigation including rootcause analysis, 5-why analysis and development of effective corrective actions.Can lead an incident investigation and successfully identify the root causes ofthe incident. Can also successfully lead the corrective action process toensure that the root causes are reduced/eliminated in a timely manner.
Significantlevel of supervisory manufacturing experience post terminal degree required
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
College,university or equivalent degree, or equivalent education and significantexperience required.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salaryrate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locationsand include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash BalancePension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, DomesticPartners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
AtCummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated todiversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employmentopportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color,disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexualorientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, orother status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, ifnecessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information fromeach new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for thisopportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com